Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Content Control

Discussion for calculatedChaos TV. Submit YouTube videos and discuss video ideas.

customMaps calculatedChaos TV Feed: 216.52.143.91:27020
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Content Control

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

This thread is for the community and I to post videos and user channel on Youtube that use footage from our server we may want, or want removed as they poorly portray us. So just post links and we will see if what Riftoff called "Legal Action" can be take or an agreement can be reached.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Re: Content Control

Unread post by thedoghouse »

does this mean I need to take the videos off my account?

and just thought I'd put overmaster's account up here http://www.youtube.com/user/deadmouse8

And darthfuel's http://www.youtube.com/user/Darthfuel

aaaaand whoever this guy is http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFreddie

and another whoever this is, he has like one or two http://www.youtube.com/user/DualDuoZero

aparently a lot of people record things that happen on the fun server >.> I can probably find even more
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Idealy we would want to take the best videos, add a cC splash before the video and add them to the official channel.

It doesn't really bother me if someone has a two second video showing off their new hat that they found on the server but what we don't want is someone having a channel with mostly calculatedChaos videos with links to calculatedChaos all over the place.

We would rather have all the good videos on one channel with the official logo and whatnot. The videos are much more powerful in one official place.

As far as 'legal action' goes, it's kind of a touchy subject. I don't really want to be a dick and take down peoples videos that they may have spent time creating and editing or whatever. People should just understand that it does us a lot more good if we have a team of editors that adds official logos and links into every video to make them consistent. It works much better as an advertising tool that way.

With someone minor exceptions, I don't think we would turn people down from submitting well made videos and if you recorded the video, I have no problem putting a 'recorded by' link to your YouTube profile in the description.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

Yeah but Hellfire has some shit-tastic "cC Reviews" posted on his channel. I'd like if we can get those taken down.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

um
well
i recorded "tf2 Playground" from the funserver.....
and i was working on a video pretty much welcoming new guys into the server and showing them what to expect from us....
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

theGreatZamboni wrote:Yeah but Hellfire has some shit-tastic "cC Reviews" posted on his channel. I'd like if we can get those taken down.
I just set him some messages but he may have been idling. I'll try and talk to him and if I can't get him to remove the videos, I'll report them for copyright infringement.