Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

YouTube Videos

Discussion for calculatedChaos TV. Submit YouTube videos and discuss video ideas.

customMaps calculatedChaos TV Feed: 216.52.143.91:27020
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

YouTube Videos

Unread post by captainAngry »

We are looking to increase the amount of videos on our YouTube account. I have noticed a number of you posting videos taken from our servers, which is great, but we would love to get them posted on the main YouTube Channel to help bring people into our servers and manage our brand.

If you have videos that you would like to have posted on the YouTube account, please send them to TheGreatZamboni. He will add the logo animation, edit the videos and add them to the YouTube page for you.

If you would like to help with the YouTube videos in another way, please let me or Zamboni know or simply reply to this thread. We are always looking for people to help with things like this.

-Captain
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Re: YouTube Videos

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

I like the idea of a frag video highlighting different members of the community. I have some basic skills with Movie maker, i would just need to know of a program to capture video while in game, and/or convert those into a proper file for movie maker.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

Ustream, livestream, and blog.tv has not been working for me, but I have, however, aquired a camcorder and have been starting my debut on Youtube. Whenever i get the chance, I will finally begin my game review sessions and refine my old ones. During that time i will also begin to do some gameplay. This means more cC mayhem from the community and more videos on the main channel. I will be providing the editing as Premiere has been a great help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pbSlimPete my old channel with my poorly done reviews that will be redone, but also has my new stuff that will kind of show what I will be presenting

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRudedogLives my new channel that will hold my latest and (hopefully) greatest game sessions as well as videos outside of gaming.

I'll send you whatever videos you choose to collect for the channel. If anything else fails, I wont post on my channel so it will direct more to the cC channel instead of mine, but I will like to do some cC (I was thinking of more "funserver") videos to be on my channel. It's your call.
Image Image
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Captain Brownbeard wrote:I like the idea of a frag video highlighting different members of the community. I have some basic skills with Movie maker, i would just need to know of a program to capture video while in game, and/or convert those into a proper file for movie maker.
Fraps is a great program that records sound and video ingame. I also hear Xfire and WeGame are good, but Fraps is your best option as i see. They have a free version that lets you capture 30 seconds worth of video per recording to see what it is like, but i have no idea how much it is. That is something I've also been looking at.
Image Image
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

rudedog04 wrote:
Captain Brownbeard wrote:I like the idea of a frag video highlighting different members of the community. I have some basic skills with Movie maker, i would just need to know of a program to capture video while in game, and/or convert those into a proper file for movie maker.
Fraps is a great program that records sound and video ingame.
Fraps works really well, but it eats FPS like no tomorrow.

Anyway, though I can't edit for shit (at least with VirtualDub, which is free if you're interested), I've been recording quite a few demos in-game. There's also a program I have called "AutoDemo" which starts demos every time you spawn and in-case something amazing happens, you can press "P" up to 5 seconds after you die to save it. If you don't press P, then it will delete that demo. You need Java to run it (Though I don't know why that would be a problem).

http://rapidshare.com/files/257946425/A ... _v0.92.rar
Life is whatever.
gervangster
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21044401
Xbox Gamer Tag: gervangster

Unread post by gervangster »

If anyone needs help with post production stuff for their videos like: logo animation (like the cC one i made that is now our video intro), title sequences, editing or crazy effects shit; ask me and i will see what i can do.
So far it sounds like i have the most experience in the post production aspect and i want to share that with you guys because i think it would be sweet if we got a good youtube page going and i want cC to thrive as a community.
If anyones curious i use Adobe CS3 MC and have made over a dozen videos for school rally's, school publicity, a video foundation, own enjoyment and film festivals (one of which got nominated for Best Editing and Best of Show)*

Lets get this thing going, i would love to see new videos up of all the crazy good times on cC :woop:

*http://kcsm.org/spotlight/festival/winners.php
Image Image
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

gervangster wrote:If anyone needs help with post production stuff for their videos like: logo animation (like the cC one i made that is now our video intro), title sequences, editing or crazy effects shit; ask me and i will see what i can do.
*Votes Up For Admin*

Seriously. I don't need amazing CGI effects or any of that crap, I'd just like to finally get one project out of post-production. I'll keep working on learning how to use VirtualDub, though. Time to record a whole bunch of demos and weed out what I don't like...
Last edited by PhrozenFlame on 17 Jun 2010, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Life is whatever.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

If you don't wanna install extra stuff, you can record straight from TF2 with the source recorder. You take a demo, then play it. When you get to the point where you want to record, you type 'startmovie avi' in console, and it will make it an avi file. This info from the TF2 wiki help for source recording http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Btw, it gets very stuttery when startmovie is started, but it still records in high quality/framerate. Also, using this, you can set all your settings to really low in game, then to really high for the demo, then startmovie, and it will make the movie as if you had all settings on high for the actual gameplay.
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
Dreathtil-P-V-A
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13895992

Unread post by Dreathtil-P-V-A »

Youtube Phfaw. Its great publicity but I think maintaining a single video in the vast sea of "The Sea" of youtube groups would be a waste since only those who have heard of us will most likely put in their views, and even if we tell our friends to watch who knows if they will pass on the message even if we tell them too.

P.S. I think I need to get a blood test for any diseases since I've posted 2 messages in 2 different topic in the "Same" Day

P.P.S. I edited this in: I used to have fraps but I can try to get it working if anyone wants me to and if I'm not being to lazy

It appears as though I am needed
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

FlaminSarge wrote:Also, using this, you can set all your settings to really low in game, then to really high for the demo, then startmovie, and it will make the movie as if you had all settings on high for the actual gameplay.
My question is if it makes you lag like crap while recording.
Life is whatever.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

is he finally doing this now? lol jk jk zambi welcome back. ill send you my vid here soon.
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

@Phrozen, when you start recording a demo, there's a small freeze when it starts recording, but the game should run normally. When playing back a demo using playdemo, it should also run normally. When you use startmovie avi, it should stutter and drop FPS like heck, but when you play the avi it should be fine. And since you are making the movie from a demo, you don't really need to input anything until you want to stop the movie, and you type endmovie in console. Oh, and startmovie doesn't actually activate till you close console and the menu and go back to the actual demo, so it won't record your console.
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

hey gerv if it wont be much of a hassle, I would like to acquire a title sequence for my videos that will involve gaming. If your up to it, I'll send you a pm through the forums for details. I'll throw your name in a vid or so to thank you for it.
Image Image
gervangster
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

rudedog04 wrote:hey gerv if it wont be much of a hassle, I would like to acquire a title sequence for my videos that will involve gaming. If your up to it, I'll send you a pm through the forums for details. I'll throw your name in a vid or so to thank you for it.
Sorry Rudedog, im going to stick to doing stuff just for the cC channel, if i start doing stuff for everyone i will go crazy :shock:
Image Image
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

understood. I'll see what Photoshop and Premiere has to offer. I havent played around with the big technical stuff yet so I hope I'll find something of use.
Image Image
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

The thing is, would we get paid for views to the videos now that we are actually a LLC? If so then yes by all means put more videos up, if not then to be quite frank, if its not making money and it needs maintained and its barely getting used I would get rid of it. I mean sure its a good thing to have but only if someone is willing to do the maintainance on comments and such like. Besides, the amount of money we would receive (or so I've heard) is about $0.0001 per view so we wouldn't get much anyway. Maybe $1 or $2 a year the way things are currently going.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
gervangster
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Steve have you ever heard the saying that publicity is as important if not more important then money when it comes to trying to sell a product (or in this case get people to use our server). Though the youtube videos wont make money, they target an audience that look for video game videos and if we can supply them with good tf2 themed videos then we could get ppl to come over and play on our servers.
Image Image
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

gervangster wrote:they target an audience that look for video game videos and if we can supply them with good tf2 themed videos then we could get ppl to come over and play on our servers.
As long as very few to none of the videos take place on the funserver.
Life is whatever.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

you could also use the wegame client to record videos in-game (http://www.wegame.com) and send the videos to me if zamboni's away or offline or something
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

steve09 wrote:Besides, the amount of money we would receive (or so I've heard) is about $0.0001 per view so we wouldn't get much anyway. Maybe $1 or $2 a year the way things are currently going.
There are a few people that donate but for the most part I have always paid the majority of the server costs out of pocket. I have told people before, If someone wants to make quality YouTube content for calculatedChaos, they can keep any money that it makes.

It's all about driving traffic to the community to get more regulars. The more regulars we have the more donations we get and the more servers we can support. That's the way it should work anyway.

The YouTube channel is all about getting people interested in our community. gervangster hit it right on the head.
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

Well we'd better have some pretty good videos then, I mean the ones on there right now are slightly funny, but don't really want to make people join the community and play on the servers.
The whole opera thing is boring and people may think that sort of thing happens all the time, hence few people will join.

Phrozen I can't agree with you, I think if there were more videos from the fun server there would be more regulars, yes there would be more kids but some might have parents with money. If we made the fun server more fun. We could have serious games from the custom maps server, and fun/silly games from the fun server.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

If there were more silly mods and less silly maps then I wouldn't have a problem. Playing 2fort with Roll The Dice is way more fun than playing breakfloor with anything.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

all my vids are of me griefing little kids
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

Roll the dice crashes our servers so we can't get that. Griefing little kids isn't going to get us more regulars.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

i make videos...
but they're generally for my account
i could make one for you guys, but it'd take a while
i'm working on my channel intro :D
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

steve09 wrote:Roll the dice crashes our servers so we can't get that. Griefing little kids isn't going to get us more regulars.
do we want littlekid regulars?
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

No, because admins mute little kids anyway so they would always be muted. And with not being able to talk let alone Mic Spam they would go somewhere else very quickly where they could do both, unless of course they really enjoyed our servers and the gameplay they offer, which is still unlikely.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

steve09 wrote:No, because admins mute little kids anyway so they would always be muted. And with not being able to talk let alone Mic Spam they would go somewhere else very quickly where they could do both, unless of course they really enjoyed our servers and the gameplay they offer, which is still unlikely.
Shut up about things you don't know FOOL!

on that note, I think Tomm has a good idea, and that maybe we should start hunting down those dudes that take videos on our servers that are good and don't let us use them

*looks at GrifsPDA*
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

rudedog04 wrote:
Fraps is a great program that records sound and video ingame. I also hear Xfire and WeGame are good, but Fraps is your best option as i see. They have a free version that lets you capture 30 seconds worth of video per recording to see what it is like, but i have no idea how much it is. That is something I've also been looking at.

Ok, I'm sure only a few heard this but I already started a Frag Video. Using the Source Camera beta, and some storyboards I already have made. The video will be shot in a pre-rendered style like the official TF2 Meet the Team shorts. Though I am limited to what can be done with it because the Source camera I have access to isn't the full one, but one done with an in-game work around. The full version will be release after the Engineer update.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

gervangster wrote:If anyone needs help with post production stuff for their videos like: logo animation (like the cC one i made that is now our video intro), title sequences, editing or crazy effects shit; ask me and i will see what i can do.
So far it sounds like i have the most experience in the post production aspect and i want to share that with you guys because i think it would be sweet if we got a good youtube page going and i want cC to thrive as a community.
If anyones curious i use Adobe CS3 MC and have made over a dozen videos for school rally's, school publicity, a video foundation, own enjoyment and film festivals (one of which got nominated for Best Editing and Best of Show)*

Lets get this thing going, i would love to see new videos up of all the crazy good times on cC :woop:

*http://kcsm.org/spotlight/festival/winners.php

I've been trying to contact you for almost a year!!!! As i've seen with your page we are on par with each other on video editing. And from the start I intended for you to assist me. We will need to stay in constant contact with each other via steam and youtube to bounce ideas around.

But first things first, I need the raw video file for the intro logo.
Shoot me a PM when you have the chance so we can talk, and see about getting me that file.