Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

YouTube Videos

Discussion for calculatedChaos TV. Submit YouTube videos and discuss video ideas.

customMaps calculatedChaos TV Feed: 216.52.143.91:27020
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Re: YouTube Videos

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

thedoghouse wrote:
steve09 wrote:No, because admins mute little kids anyway so they would always be muted. And with not being able to talk let alone Mic Spam they would go somewhere else very quickly where they could do both, unless of course they really enjoyed our servers and the gameplay they offer, which is still unlikely.
Shut up about things you don't know FOOL!

on that note, I think Tomm has a good idea, and that maybe we should start hunting down those dudes that take videos on our servers that are good and don't let us use them

*looks at GrifsPDA*
Bingo, now that we are a LLC we can get that son of a bitch. Just give the word captain and I'll pull the trigger on him letting him know whats up. Once we talk with him we can either get the videos moved to our channel, join channels, or just allow him to keep his videos on the grounds we also get to use them.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

theGreatZamboni wrote:
rudedog04 wrote:
Captain Brownbeard wrote:I like the idea of a frag video highlighting different members of the community. I have some basic skills with Movie maker, i would just need to know of a program to capture video while in game, and/or convert those into a proper file for movie maker.
Fraps is a great program that records sound and video ingame. I also hear Xfire and WeGame are good, but Fraps is your best option as i see. They have a free version that lets you capture 30 seconds worth of video per recording to see what it is like, but i have no idea how much it is. That is something I've also been looking at.

Ok, I'm sure only a few heard this but I already started a Frag Video. Using the Source Camera beta, and some storyboards I already have made. The video will be shot in a pre-rendered style like the official TF2 Meet the Team shorts. Though I am limited to what can be done with it because the Source camera I have access to isn't the full one, but one done with an in-game work around. The full version will be release after the Engineer update.
So are you going to be highlighting members of the community, or the community as a whole?

And are you taking the video on the main server or fun server?
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

theGreatZamboni wrote:
thedoghouse wrote:
steve09 wrote:No, because admins mute little kids anyway so they would always be muted. And with not being able to talk let alone Mic Spam they would go somewhere else very quickly where they could do both, unless of course they really enjoyed our servers and the gameplay they offer, which is still unlikely.

on that note, I think Tomm has a good idea, and that maybe we should start hunting down those dudes that take videos on our servers that are good and don't let us use them

*looks at GrifsPDA*
Bingo, now that we are a LLC we can get that son of a bitch. Just give the word captain and I'll pull the trigger on him letting him know whats up. Once we talk with him we can either get the videos moved to our channel, join channels, or just allow him to keep his videos on the grounds we also get to use them.
This isn't going to work, and you all know it. "Legal action" on the internet is laughable, and even as an LLC, we don't have copyright on everything that happens on the server.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

Riftoff wrote:
theGreatZamboni wrote:
thedoghouse wrote:

*looks at GrifsPDA*
This isn't going to work, and you all know it. "Legal action" on the internet is laughable, and even as an LLC, we don't have copyright on everything that happens on the server.
No its not that it happens on the server, its the fact he uses the name. And its a fairly easy task of dealing with it. Just need the green light.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

Supply me with a video where Grifs used our name in a way that we could "take legal action" against him.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

For sure Riftoff, LLC rights are limited . But it appears that Grifs' videos have already been taken down, unless some one can find them. But here is Hellfire's Channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sectus2345
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

yep...im gunna bring it up.

Sectus/Hellfire/Asswipe has been using our name in somewhat good (but ugly) and bad ways. If its any1 that needs to be shown legal action its him. The only one he has showed me that acutally posted up on youtube was a breakfloor round with a big close-up shot of a furry spray as he talks about the server. Doesnt make us look good in my book.
Image Image
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

If I give some one a video such as zamboni, who you/he be able to add the CC tags to the beggining?(stupid question I know, I just want to make sure.)
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
LAG King
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22710840

Unread post by LAG King »

Yes he would. He did it with my videos
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

Ok, thanks.
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
ThatSpyIsASpy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15866925
Xbox Gamer Tag: I PWNDED U

Unread post by ThatSpyIsASpy »

I posted some videos on my channel from the server.Right now I'm just trying out capturing programs and encoders.Here's a link to my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatSpyIsASpy?feature=mhum