Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Nintendo= Let down?

General discussion about console gaming.

Is Nintendo dissapointing you?

Yes
65%
No
27%
I don't care about Nintendo.
8%

Total votes: 37

g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Nintendo= Let down?

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Is anyone else tired of Nintendo? I now have to get either a PS3 or an Xbox 360... It's ridiculous how limited the selection of games for the console is. The only games that they showed the 2 years of e3 that are worth it are The Conduit, SM Galaxy 2, and The new Metroid.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Re: Nintendo= Let down?

Unread post by Viano »

The target audience isn't for people our age anymore it's for kids up to like 10 and women over 30, which is why I didn't buy a Wii. It has maybe 5 games I'd consider buying since its release.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I liked the new punchout...but PC beats computer so in general any consoles your buy are a waste of money unless you have friends IRL or something...
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Well thats alright, when we get jobs we can buy an xbox 360 together and the beatles thing.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Awol
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5172890

Unread post by Awol »

Nintendo's Press Conference was a big let down. Woohoo a Mario Little Big Planet... great idea wonder where it came from? Add another number on all of our popular franchises and boom new wiimote with the same advertising we did for the Wii when it launched. I remember they show the same "1 to 1" motion controls in the TV spots as they did with the WiiMotion Plus controller. Frankly I won't believe it until it comes out and really does true 1 to 1 motion control and then I probably buy just to play with it on the computer.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

You guys expect something of Nintendo? Theyre already successful, they dominate the console market, and theyre obviously the only guys that can come up with anything original so they win everywheres.

Plus all SRS GAEMRS should be playing PC anyways

consolefags
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

IMO the only good game ever released by nintendo was the zelda series. ocarina of time is the best game ever made!!! i never liked mario games.
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, all are great. Unfortuantley Nintendo has moved on to a new age group and abandoned their old core gamers. And while I would love to stick with PC, many games I would love to play just don't come to the platform. If I could get RPG's and fighting games here it would be amazing. It's just not going to happen.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I've seen fighting games ported to PC...but some games are meant to be mashed out on a controller and I think fighting games fall into that category. RPGs on the other hand...well, I have a hard time imagining there aren't assloads of RPGs for the PC...but that hasn't been my market since I started playing games with other people online (and I'm assuming you're ruling out mmorpgs)
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

Supa Merry-O Glixy 2 looks good, mostly beccause I liked the first one, and this one looks like they took numba 1 and beat it with the Supa Merry-O Sunshin stick

besides if they've made mario fly around in space there is really no where else to go, unless they plan on releasing the same remakes over and over again....[spoiler]OH WAIT A SECOND[/spoiler]
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I have a Wii and a 360 and don't play either of them. I have a fanboy spot in my heart for anything Zelda and most things Mario so I had to have a Wii. You better believe I will play through any Zelda they put within a week of it releasing.
Not The Author
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16538821

Unread post by Not The Author »

Hopefully Metroid: Another M will be good, but so far, yeah. Nintendo is failing pretty hard.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37706354
Xbox Gamer Tag: skinz1193

Unread post by 4most »

Yeah everything I was going to say was said so in summary

Zelda= Ill play it
Mario= um ok....
Metroid: Another M= hope to god it doesn't suck

I got a 360 after I relized Nintendo gave up on me then i relized my PC has always been there for me *hugs computer*

"Yes my Fuhrer...I mean Mr. President"
-Dr. Strangelove

"What is it about nukes and 50's music that makes my warm inside? I think its the radiation."
-me
Phantomrush
Steam ID: lolandrew4

Unread post by Phantomrush »

I got a wii, and I have to say it's a let down for me. Like there is the occasionally good game, but most the games they come out with are like casual games and I'm looking for hardcore games. I'm now considering an Xbox 360 as the better choice.
E(rik)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25824400

Unread post by E(rik) »

Eh, it's failing pretty bad. They're so stuck on their Mario High that they completely forget about other awesome series they have (Pikmin series, Kirby series...)

Also the wii <<<<<< N64. That has all the epic games (Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Kirby and the crystal Shards...) before they got spinoff'd (EX: Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey kong racing, Kirby's Kanvas Kurse), and the graphics arent much worse than the wiis
Ask me about my Saxxy again and I'll shove it up your goddamn asshole.
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Unread post by Zarik »

I belive nintendo started out great but now their running outta ideas and i belive their trying to hard and repeating old favorates
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

The only nintendo consoles ive liked were the NES, SNES, N64, which is hands down the best console of all time. Thats where all the big name series of today got started. And frankly, nintendo has been a let down with this whole motion sensing thing, the whole reason i play video games is so i can sit on my fat ass and eat a cheeseburger, not jump up and down or run around the room. Which, with the wii is impossible to do.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Artalus
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20281204

Unread post by Artalus »

For all you that say that Nintendo hasn't had any hardcore games for a while, this year's E3 solved that.

New Zelda, new Donkey Kong Country, new Zelda, new Kirby, a remake of Goldeneye 007, new Metroid. Did I mention new Zelda?

As long as they keep making games in the difficulty level of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Galaxy 2, I'll still be a Nintendo fan.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Wow, looking at this reminds about a lot of the cool dudes we lost...
Anyway, for those disappointed with your wii, just buy 3rd party. There are plenty of games like Red Steel 2 and Sin and Punishment to keep you busy between the big 1st party releases like Mario and Zelda and what have you.
Lucent

Unread post by Lucent »

krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

SNES and Gamecube were best. The only game that has benefited from motion control is Warioware
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

krubby wrote:SNES and Gamecube were best. The only game that has benefited from motion control is Warioware
No N64 found there

This thread is ancient I have no idea how anyone ever does not see the time of post
Lucent

Unread post by Lucent »

LaN wrote:
krubby wrote:SNES and Gamecube were best. The only game that has benefited from motion control is Warioware
No N64 found there

This thread is ancient I have no idea how anyone ever does not see the time of post

It should say something about the state of the forums when a thread that's 2 years old is still on the front page of a forum.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

A soup with a few spices is better than stew with more beef than stew.

I failed metaphor class.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

How come it's always my fault that a thread is revived? Lucent had just brought it back so I thought that I might as well say what i thought! :?
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Lucent

Unread post by Lucent »

LaN wrote:A soup with a few spices is better than stew with more beef than stew.

I failed metaphor class.

An empire is not a village.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Lucent wrote:
LaN wrote:
No N64 found there

It should say something about the state of the forums when a thread that's 2 years old is still on the front page of a forum.
Just because people don't want to discuss console gaming doesn't mean the forums in bad shape. It means there hasn't been anything they find interesting enough worthy of discussion.
Life is whatever.