Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

So may I please be unbanned now?

How may we help you?
StormyOuterland
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19609615

So may I please be unbanned now?

Unread post by StormyOuterland »

Spleenter has pretty much gone silent about this,
and I think that's the best this situation is going to get.
It may, or possibly may not be solved at this point.
I just really want to get my ass back in the server,
because honestly,
I don't know anybody else in any other server.
So if this is the last time I've got to get unbanned, then that'd be fantastic.
If he's been quiet due to lack of fingers, and I get banned again,
well,
I suppose there is more work to be done.
Beetle wrote:
Anonyma wrote:I personally love the funserver, it's what brought me here 8-)
You love it until something really stupid and unwarranted happens to you.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Re: So may I please be unbanned now?

Unread post by _Pipeline »

This ordeal has gone on too long and nobody can deny that it's been pointless and stupid. All that it's really done is cause us to take sides and fling endless quantities of shit at one another, with no plausible end in sight--all because we've let ourselves become polarized to the point that many of us generally interpret it in one of two ways:

a) We think Stormy is a gigantic asshole and deliberate offender who wishes nothing less than to make others miserable and destroy this whole community. He actively takes advantage of and manipulates others into doing his bidding, then laughs at their stupidity when they turn on the people who won't tolerate his bullshit. Therefore, he will never again be welcome in this community and deserves to stay banned.

OR

b) We think that Stormy does not deserve to remain permabanned and is not the kind of unbearable asshole people have mistaken him for. We think that Spleenter, in continuously banning Stormy and rebuking his attempts to return to the servers, is massively overreacting, or behaving like an asshole who will stop at nothing to get his way with people he hates, or is well-meaning but too uncompromising in his ways and ought to let Stormy attempt to make amends.

Having your own opinion of someone or something is of course fine, but taking continuous action for the sake of getting what you want, all the while refusing to acknowledge or tolerate what the other side says, does, or even believes (be it what they think of you or someone else), is just plain counterproductive. When two individuals or groups of people go up against each other with this mindset without ever yielding, hoping the other side eventually sees things their way or gives up after a while, then the problem never gets resolved and often only worsens.

This rule applies to the internet just as it does to real life and the history of the human race, the main difference between the two being of course that in real life the result has typically been several thousand to a million or more dead bodies full of bullet holes, accompanied by everyone making themselves look like complete dumbasses--whereas on the internet there's only the dumbassery part (although I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere, someday an internet flamewar escalates into a real-world armed conflict that leaves a million or more people dead just because, hey, that pretty much sums up human nature).

And I'm sure you already know this, but the question of letting you come back to play on the servers without fear of being banned repeatedly will continue to remain unanswered, and the debate unresolved, until you and Spleenter sit down, talk it over (maturely and intelligently, preferably), and come to some sort of agreement, hopefully without any drama or threats or anything of the like. If that doesn't do it then fuckit, I honestly don't want to be a part of this anymore.

TL;DR There's probably no way this is ever gonna stop unless you talk to Spleenter about it.

God this took forever to write oh well
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

The last thread that involved you being unbanned went straight to the shitter. Why make another one?
StormyOuterland

Because that one was really stupid,
this one is slightly less stupid
Beetle wrote:
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

_Pipeline wrote:a) We think Stormy is a gigantic asshole and deliberate offender who wishes nothing less than to make others miserable and destroy this whole community. He actively takes advantage of and manipulates others into doing his bidding, then laughs at their stupidity when they turn on the people who won't tolerate his bullshit. Therefore, he will never again be welcome in this community and deserves to stay banned.
StormyOuterland wrote:I was asking people who knew their ass from the end of a rifle, Krubby.
Lan wrote:11:09 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: I
11:09 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: 'll ruin him on cC
11:10 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: It's not hard to make a bunch of idiots hate someone
11:11 PM - LaN: Why are you constantly trying to cause problems. It's a mystery to me.
11:11 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: Because most people are too stupid to detect it
11:12 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: If you're smater than the next man, you can get away with pretty much anything
11:12 PM - LaN: You shouldn;t call otthers stupid.
11:12 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: If I can manipulate them, they're idiots.
11:13 PM - LaN: Why would you manipulate. You said yourself you cause drama.
11:13 PM - LaN: Why
11:13 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: Why not? It's interesting. Being loud and the center of everything is amazing.
11:14 PM - [DAY] Stormy Outerland - 13 days: Nobody gives a fuck about you if you're quitet and easy to get rid of
StormyOuterland wrote:But knowing you, you're as stuborn as a donkey who's corn flakes were pissed in. You'll hate me till the cows come home, evolve brains who can manage self-awareness, get bored of the place, and leave again. Use what I've said here against me, I know you'll twist my words in your internet smear campaign, but you'll only suceed in making yourself silly going after one guy who was sad once. This anger is going to shorten your life, you know.

I refuse to unban stormy. He was given a second chance when beetle gave me his word that stormy wouldnt act out again. He acted out again, he got banned again. End of story. If anyone else had come on the server and immediately started taking advantage of people you all would have perm'd them. Stormy got to know everyone before he started doing it. He was smart about it. He got people to like him and built relationships with people that he could then exploit when shit hit the fan. When shit hit the fan what happened? He made haun feel like shit because of what happened on the minecraft server. He made me lose a bit of respect for beetle since he vouged for him to be unbanned. I went through all necessary steps before i permabanned him. I muted him, kicked him banned him for a day, banned him for a week. That didn't stop him. I permabanned him once and he was unbanned. I let it slide. He started the same shit, I permabanned him AGAIN. Now he is wasting his, mine, and everyone else who reads this threads' time.

You have my response. Take it however you choose.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
StormyOuterland

What specifically could I get out of everybody?
I'd exploit them to get to do the same exact thing that everybody gets to do?
And it's not if you'll unban me specifically, Spleenter.
It's if we can resolve our issues.
And I sure as hell like that you've been doing the exact same thing to me that you're preaching against, which is manipulating people by using a time of when I was sad against me.
What do I have to gain from 'exploiting' people on cC?
Is there a cash prize?
Do I get a trip to Alaska if I do this?
Is there a bronze plate that goes above the server that says, "Stormy Outerland: He Won"?
Beetle wrote:
StormyOuterland

I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck you think I'd gain from exploiting people.
What is there to even exploit people for here, anyway?
I'm not an admin, so I can't abuse powers.
I'm not a donor, nor is there features a donor could exploit.
I'm a regular fucking Joe Shmoe, and all I want to do is play on the god damn server,
but you're so bent out of shape that you've painted me in your mind to be some sort of Internet Hitler.
I play with people, I enjoy their company.
If I hated these people, and were in fact exploiting them,
wouldn't I have beat feet as soon as you caught me?
Wouldn't I have gone, "Oh shit, I've been caught, time to get out of here," instead of adamantly trying to have opportunities to converse with you, and fix this whole god damn thing?
Beetle wrote:
StormyOuterland

You're not a god,
you're not even the mayor of Giveafucktown.
There is nothing that you need to save everybody from.
Beetle wrote:
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

First of all, please don't triple post. It comes off as annoying; it's better to edit your post if you keep thinking of things to say before someone else posts.

Second, I have yet to see in any of these drama threads: What exactly was he banned for?
Could we please create/sticky something like this thread for permabans to avoid confusion?
Last edited by squishy on 28 Jan 2013, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
Indeed.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

It's not this act of heroism that Spleenter is trying to perform. He's just making a nuisance get lost and saying you're gone for good.

And my dislike for you is simply indifferent harassing. I like to pick on idiots who think they can manipulate others and have all the control. Because seriously, that only happens in fiction and to think you can do anything to an especially close-knit group like cC is ridiculous. Really, I have no reason not to bother you. It's effortless, you're too stupid/deluded to fight back with wordplay, no on cares about you besides some of the more sympathetic people (i.e. _Pipeline), I've got enough influence in the group that you can't go whining to someone about me and you've clearly proven you deserve it.

tl;dr you're annoying, you're an easy and deserving target, go away or spleenter will make you.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

krubby wrote:I've got enough influence in the group that you can't go whining to someone about me and you've clearly proven you deserve it.
I'm sorry if I sound blunt, Krubby, but that's some of the most unwarranted, stuck-up bullshit I think I've ever seen anyone ever say on these forums. I'm not even saying this in defense of Stormy; shut the fuck up about having "influence" in this community and stop acting like a big shit. I don't normally call out people for posting utter nonsense but your post just pissed me off too much and I can't stand it when people talk down to others like that even if they deserve it.

Really, just, stop.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

8:27 PM - •cC• _Pipeline.exe: what do you think of all the shit-flinging going on between Stormy and Spleenter?

8:27 PM - Haun Pholvous: It's dumb.
Last edited by Haunwulf on 29 Jan 2013, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
StormyOuterland

krubby wrote:It's not this act of heroism that Spleenter is trying to perform. He's just making a nuisance get lost and saying you're gone for good.

And my dislike for you is simply indifferent harassing. I like to pick on idiots who think they can manipulate others and have all the control. Because seriously, that only happens in fiction and to think you can do anything to an especially close-knit group like cC is ridiculous. Really, I have no reason not to bother you. It's effortless, you're too stupid/deluded to fight back with wordplay, no on cares about you besides some of the more sympathetic people (i.e. _Pipeline), I've got enough influence in the group that you can't go whining to someone about me and you've clearly proven you deserve it.

tl;dr you're annoying, you're an easy and deserving target, go away or spleenter will make you.
TBH, I've been hanging around here since late 2009 and I've never even heard of you,
so your influence must be great.
And honestly, I won't leave, I've got really no reason to.
It's really only you and Spleenter who complain about me.
I am going to get back in, I'm going to get past all of your and Spleenter's drama,
and I am going to have fun.
If you want to take part in all of this stupid bullshit,
well, life is full of choices.
I could be your friend if we settled our differences,
but that looks unlikely.

So what do you say, Krubby.
Truce?
Beetle wrote:
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

And here I thought this could be settled without people bitching at each other.

For what it's worth, as someone who hasn't played TF2 in ages, I back Spleenter on this one. Not because he's my friend. Not because I hate Stormy. Just because he's a good admin, contrary to what people may think. Does Spleenter admin abuse? Everyone does. Does Spleenter act like an ass sometimes? Sure does. Is Spleenter the only hardass admin we have that tortures himself enough to take up the task of keeping the funserver at least decent? I'm sure Haun and the others do their fair share, so probably not. I'm backing Spleenter because he does what he thinks is best for the server, popular opinion of himself be dammed. He doesn't care that the funserver regulars and some of the admins might not like him. Not once have I looked at anything Spleenter has done and thought to myself "Why the fuck does this guy have admin? God knows he doesn't deserve it".

And for what it's worth, I don't think Stormy is a particularly bad guy, either. I can't judge him either way because I haven't been on the servers to see what he's been doing, so I think he's probably decent enough. Maybe he really did cause all of these problems, or maybe the problems are just following him around. Either way, a problem for the community should be removed. If you've made friends around here Stormy, then they won't mind playing with you on a different TF2 server. Even if you haven't, there are literally thousands of communities out there. There's nothing wrong with just moving on from a bad situation. No one has to cause a scene to do it.

All I know is, the only other time I can think of where someone has been permabanned twice, banned upwards of three times, and has been in desperate need of being muted, silenced, kicked, and pretty much everything else was VanillaBuds back in the summer, and we all know he deserved it for acting like a general asshole.

At the end of the day, I want this shit settled. I don't care how it gets settled. I don't care who settles it. Just end it and never speak of it again, goddamn it. Seeing this reminds me why I stopped playing TF2. The general attitude of everyone was declining. I don't want this on the forums. End it. I'm not posting in this thread again. This is all I have to say about this whole thing.
Life is whatever.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Right, this thread has run it's course so I'm locking it before it turns into another shitstorm. If anyone has anything else to say post it in the thread Stormy posted in general but try to keep it civil.
speedblader03 wrote:Second, I have yet to see in any of these drama threads: What exactly was he banned for?
Could we please create/sticky something like this thread for permabans to avoid confusion?
I'm actually all for this, but I haven't seen Celtic post in forever so I'll have to assume the OP hasn't been updated in a while. I haven't played TF2 in ages let alone admined it so I wouldn't know. If any of the more active admins would like to start a new thread like this I'd be happy to sticky it.