Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Celtic the bad admin

How may we help you?
Meow

Celtic the bad admin

Unread post by Meow »

Hi, the arena breakfloor map is broken in tf2 right now, i really like that map and i was talking about it in the server and celtic messaged me saying that he made the b5 version for the server, i asked if he could fix it and he said what for, so i offered a hat, he looked at my hats and said he wanted my vintage prussian picklehaub, i said ok, as he was a server adfmin i presumed he really did make the map, anyway he told me he was halfway thru fixing the map and could he have hte hat, so i said i guess so, so i gave it to him, except the map neaver got fixed and i complained in the server so i got gagged and kicked, can you either reason with him to get my hat back or do something about him abusing admin powers to scam people out of hats.
Admins like this make your server look bad.
Last edited by Meow on 01 Jan 2011, 07:56, edited 2 times in total.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Re: I was scammed by celtic

Unread post by LaN »

Finally the effect of crappy admins is showing itself.

The voting system isn't exactly helpful.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: I was scammed by celtic

Unread post by spleenter »

i say report him to valve for scamming
thats my opinion.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: ...

Unread post by Egonny »

Gonna need a little more to report him: first of all, what happened?
Second of all, do you have chat logs, screen caps, ...
Meow

Re: Celtic the bad admin

Unread post by Meow »

No i don't, But the server owner can see im telling the truth if he looks in the server logs.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

Give Captain a date to check the logs. If he wants to look he can see that there is nothing at all to justify what you are saying.

Edit:

You got kicked from the server because you were breaking blocks under people on breakfloor. Darthfuel and I told you not to do it many times and I kicked you for it.

You were gagged for saying that admins on this server are faggots.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Celtic wrote:Give Captain a date to check the logs. If he wants to look he can see that there is nothing at all to justify what you are saying.

Edit:

You got kicked from the server because you were breaking blocks under people on breakfloor. Darthfuel and I told you not to do it many times and I kicked you for it.

You were gagged for saying that admins on this server are faggots.
so are you saying you didn't do what he said? if so, you didn't really make a point to say it.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

Well if the post didn't clear it up then this will:

I did NOT scam/steal/get her hat into my backpack in anyway.
Meow

Unread post by Meow »

Yes you did scam me, and i have heard other people saying you scammed them too!.
Next you will be saying you got your other steam account vac banned for no reason.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

Meow wrote:Yes you did scam me, and i have heard other people saying you scammed them too!.
Next you will be saying you got your other steam account vac banned for no reason.
Very solid proof IMO

No it's not
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Meow wrote:Yes you did scam me, and i have heard other people saying you scammed them too!.
Anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Valve shows any support help for trading of items not in the trading window. As a matter o fact, I saw a post where they said "do as you please but at your own risk because we don't follow that type of thing."

Essentially, trading items for anything other than hats/weapons is very risky and should only be done if you really know and trust the person.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

Beetle wrote:
Anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Valve shows any support help for trading of items not in the trading window. As a matter o fact, I saw a post where they said "do as you please but at your own risk because we don't follow that type of thing."

Essentially, trading items for anything other than hats/weapons is very risky and should only be done if you really know and trust the person.
That is correct.

IF you trade for things other than the in game items you are on your own.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

That being said, I DO wish you had proof. It would help me with judging people :P
Ohnoez

Unread post by Ohnoez »

ohh we are such a corrupt "guv ment" :woop:
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I hate to say it but by your own admission, you gave him a hat for nothing. If you story is true, all he told you was that he was working on a map and you gave him a hat for that. Did you get scammed? Not really. At what point does personal responsibility play a role in what happened.

At least now you know not to do something that stupid again. Now if Celtic wasn't an asshole, he would give your hat back and just tell you you're dumb. Does he have to? Nope. Were all assholes around here (unfortunately).