Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Upgrading PC

How may we help you?
Ohnoez

Upgrading PC

Unread post by Ohnoez »

I need to upgrade my PC steve helped me with some of it but, i need to know what else as in do i need more power then 700 Watts? and if my RAM, Motherboard, and Processor would be compatible with my PC

Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 630 3.00 GHZ
Socket 775 LGA
DDR
Dual Channels
Graphics: Radeon HD 4670
Mainboard: intel i915/915G

These links are the mainboard,RAM, and processors i want take a look and see if my computer is compatible steve said it is i just want another opinion
anymore questions just ask me
Also if i should get a better graphics card

http://www.frys.com/product/5985184?sit ... IN_RSLT_PG
http://www.frys.com/product/6122119?sit ... IN_RSLT_PG
http://www.frys.com/product/6413552?sit ... IN_RSLT_PG
Last edited by Ohnoez on 18 Nov 2010, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: Upgrading PC

Unread post by spleenter »

Ohnoez wrote:I need to upgrade my PC steve helped me with some of it but, i need to know what else as in do i need more power then 700 Watts? and if my RAM, Motherboard, and Processor would be compatible with my PC
before anyone can help we need the specs if your machine and what you want to do with the upgraded machine.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

spleenter wrote:
Ohnoez wrote:I need to upgrade my PC steve helped me with some of it but, i need to know what else as in do i need more power then 700 Watts? and if my RAM, Motherboard, and Processor would be compatible with my PC
before anyone can help we need the specs if your machine and what you want to do with the upgraded machine.
that being said, i seriously doubt you need more than a 700 watt power supply.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

Beetle wrote:
spleenter wrote:
that being said, i seriously doubt you need more than a 700 watt power supply.
True that you won't need more than 700 watts. I have a quad core computer running one graphics card, 3 hard drives and a Blu-Ray reader, and I've only got a 750W power supply, which I do not think I am using all of it. The only reason to get a new power supply is if you want to go for a really powerful (but very expensive) computer that will not have any difficulty doing anything. Which I know you do not have the money for cos you told me you didn't.

Tell us what graphics card you have, how much money you have left to spend, and of course, what you want to use it for. Most likely you will not need to get a new graphics card if your current one plays the games you have fine.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free