Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

PC Specing

How may we help you?
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

PC Specing

Unread post by steve09 »

I'm in desperate need of a new gaming desktop, as I'm fed up with XP not working properly and only getting an average of 10FPS in game, and frequently lagging out. If you're good at scouting out cheap PC bits then I'm ideally looking for something about £500-800, USB 3 and SATA 6Gb would be a great advantage and preferable but not necessary. I would also prefer the i5-860 or 870 as the full size i7's don't offer much more that I would use and cost a lot more, mobo I was thinking along the lines of Asus P7P55D series, and I'm not fussed about ATI or NVIDIA graphics.

A new PSU is a must, a new case would be nice but I'm sure I can modify my current case to let more airflow through. I have a new 500Gb HDD and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, new DDR3 RAM would be useful tho I'm sure I can source some decent stuff cheapish myself, I was thinking maybe 4Gb if you're wanting to source some.

Annoyingly my dad has said "we don't need a computer that can play games better yet, we need a computer that discourages you from playing games and encourages you to do your Uni homework". I hate that quote, tho in order to do some of my Uni homework I will probably need a better faster PC to get multi-track recording software and hardware. Please remember I'm in the UK so newegg.com is not suitable as they don't ship internationally.

Thanks for your help.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free