Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

The 4spoopy cC Creepypasta Thread

Discussion about anything.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

The 4spoopy cC Creepypasta Thread

Unread post by _Pipeline »

It's Halloween. Every year around this time I traditionally scour the web for new, interesting, and actually fucking scary creepypastas for personal enjoyment, and I share the most well-written and well-made ones with people I know. Now we all know that creepypasta is just another dumb meme, a dead horse that's been unfortunately kicked and defiled repeatedly by 13 year old socially confused Reddit kids, as any other internet phenomenon has been at some point or another--creepypasta brought us such abortions as Jeff The Killer, for example. Even elaborately constructed projects such as Slenderman have become just plain overdone to the point that people don't remember their purpose anymore. Others, such as the "Buried Alive" Pokémon rumor, are so absurd according to their context and the way they're presented that they're actually funny.

But some creepypastas are actually incredibly fucking well-made in the sense that they're just plain really good at what they set out to be: disturbing enough to actually keep you awake at night. This thread, I hope, is where we'll all be able to share some of these diamonds in the rough.

I'll start.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/

This one is popularly referred to as "Ted the Caver". It's presented as an actual blog written in the early 2000s by a caving hobbyist concerning some creepy shit he and his friends discover while exploring a virgin cave passage in an undisclosed location. The twist ending may take a minute to fully understand, but even though the guy who made it, who is apparently also an actual caver, said that he made it up just for fun, it's so realistically written that at times you forget that it recounts purely fictional events.

It is my all-time favorite creepypasta by virtue of the fact that I was so freaked out the first time I read it that I could get barely any sleep at all for 3 days afterward, let alone allow myself to so much as breathe too loudly at night for fear that some completely invisible eldritch abomination I could neither see not hear would notice me. That's the kind of horror that isn't fake and gay, the kind that doesn't need bloody hands, corny disembodied voices, or shit jumping out at you to make you feel genuinely disturbed. Lovecraft tried at least to pull this kind of thing off, even though he wasn't always good at it, and Stephen King manages it now and again with varying success; but this guy, our author of the Ted The Caver blog, definitely ought to consider a fucking career in writing horror fiction, because he really knows how to keep me awake at night. It spooked katattackk too, as an added note.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Re: The 4spoopy cC Creepypasta Thread

Unread post by krubby »

Okay, but really I'll post some of the better SCP's later.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Re: The 4spoopy cC Creepypasta Thread

Unread post by Fireproof »

I read ted the caver, and I'm honestly a little upset that I wasted my time. The "twist" ending shouldn't take anyone more than a second to figure out, and another second to feel unbelievably cheated. To have to wade through pages and pages of exposition with no reward left me feeling like this is a genre I need to stay away from. Just my thoughts though, I'm sure you really did like it but someone will have to explain why. :(
ImageImage