Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

I guess I'll go

Discussion about anything.
StormyOuterland
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19609615

I guess I'll go

Unread post by StormyOuterland »

I guess Spleenter is too angry with me to budge at all,
and all Krubby is willing to do is try and troll me into oblivion.
I've guess because of two rather sad people, I'm not able to have fun here.
So I guess these are my walking papers,
and I know after I leave this, the rest of you that I concidered friends will forget me.
I loved this group and most of the people in it, but unfortunatly in life, there will always be people trying to ruin everything.
Here's goodbye, I guess.
Beetle wrote:
Anonyma wrote:I personally love the funserver, it's what brought me here 8-)
You love it until something really stupid and unwarranted happens to you.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Re: I guess I'll go

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Sorry you couldn't get things to work out for you in the end. Spleenter and a few other people may be soundly convinced that you're a no-good and undeserving asshole, and they'll continue to think that forever, but I know they're wrong about you.

After all the conversations we've had over these past few months, I know you're not a manipulative or terrible person at all, despite what everyone feverishly continues to insist, and that if you had succeeded in getting unbanned you wouldn't cause any more trouble. Sadly, there are way too many people out there who can neither fathom Forgive and Forget nor acknowledge a person's honest attempt to apologize or otherwise redeem him or herself.

There's no doubting that mistakes were made and that the drama you've caused could have been easily avoided--people have reason to be upset with you for failing to exercise self-control when shit hit the fan on Minecraft, and prior to that many others on the funserver considered your jokes rude and your demeanor offensive, even if you were only being sarcastic.

Does that make you at least something of an asshole? Sure it does, but who here honestly isn't to at least some degree? This is the internet, a place which many people often take way too seriously, and ideally no sane person ought to take to heart anything some faceless individual behind a computer screen tells them, especially in a community where being seriouspants is generally a bottom priority. On the flip side, this is usually not the case, and many people will react strongly and negatively to any trash talk directed their way, even if the other person's words are hollow and they don't mean what they say at all.

So does this genuinely make you a terrible person? Not at all, although many people are all-too-willing to insist otherwise. You've done things to annoy people, and it's not like your actions have been utterly harmless, but you're far from the worst person I've met either on the internet or in real life, and too many people simply refuse to see you as anything other than Hitler reincarnated. I'm aware of maybe four or five other people who've dared to look at you open-mindedly, whether they liked you or not, and so much as acknowledge that you aren't an ill-willed or rotten person just because Spleenter says so. In the end, you just picked the wrong time and place to crash and burn, saying things you didn't really mean because you were in the moment.

I honestly doubt anyone will ever agree with me, but I don't care. I won't forget about you.
ManOfSteel
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18919919

Unread post by ManOfSteel »

Sorry that you had a rough time here, man. You don't seem that bad to me.

I wish you all the best and I hope to see you in-game sometime.
Trust those who seek the truth; doubt those who say they've found it. -André Gide
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

I'll miss ya stormy, especially your making fun of jclange's grammar until you get banned. That was the best
Lucas Tigy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25047848

Unread post by Lucas Tigy »

i would be more surprised if you hadn't been a jerk to my friend the first time i brought her there. if you were a good person, you didn't really show it