Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

cp_blackmesa_final

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

cp_blackmesa_final

Unread post by spleenter »

i know the poll system doesn't work, so ill just ask you to commment and tell me.

I've been thinking about editing cp_blackmesa to adjust the cap times on the middle and final points to those at or near valve maps. what do you guys think about this?
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: cp_blackmesa_final

Unread post by Beetle »

spleenter wrote:i know the poll system doesn't work, so ill just ask you to commment and tell me.

I've been thinking about editing cp_blackmesa to adjust the cap times on the middle and final points to those at or near valve maps. what do you guys think about this?
I'd say a decompiled map is immediately less optimized than the original. So if you have the original VMF or can edit in some program I am unaware of, then go for it. Endless rounds are endless.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Hutch
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:33802119

Unread post by Hutch »

I don't really think that making the cap times exactly like valve's would be a very good idea because it really is a custom map that isn't even close to what valve would make. I think it's more the layout that causes the endless rounds. But certainly please do change them to something other than the disgusting cap times the map has now, it may help
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

The fact that editing the map will fuck over optimization and lag everyone to hell and back i have decided to abandon the idea.

Furthermore,

Deal with it.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

spleenter wrote:The fact that editing the map will fuck over optimization and lag everyone to hell and back i have decided to abandon the idea.

Furthermore,

Deal with it.
maybe it would maybe it wouldnt. im just saying it will be less optimized...who knows if it will actually be noticeable.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.