Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Broken Maps?

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Broken Maps?

Unread post by Celtic »

Would it be helpful if when we find out that a map is broken and/or crashes the server that we posted it here?

I know so far that these crash the server:

* cC Hotel
*Breakfloor_b6

Maps with problems
*melee cube (Shortstop can be used)
*The latest version of Chambers (Shortstop can be used)
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: Broken Maps?

Unread post by spleenter »

leave on breakfloor _b6, we low admins need a way to reset the sever when things go wrong.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Unread post by the asylum »

For some reason ctf_melee_fort_a3 is still on the server
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Removed melee_fort_a3. Not sure why the map list didn't say a4 but it does now.
Celtic

Unread post by Celtic »

A new map that crashes the server is called "cp_sentrywart15"
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Celtic wrote:A new map that crashes the server is called "cp_sentrywart15"
its not new, the polycount and halloween updates fucked over a lot of maps in our rotation.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Celtic

Unread post by Celtic »

Sorry, you mis understood what I meant.
I meant like as a new addition to the thread, not as in the map is new.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

I've also been told cchotel crashes the server. Want to guess why? Its because there are too many rooms and too many things in those rooms. For me to make it stable again I'd have to remove some of the newest rooms. Its a lose/lose situation here. Any ideas?
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Beetle wrote:I've also been told cchotel crashes the server. Want to guess why? Its because there are too many rooms and too many things in those rooms. For me to make it stable again I'd have to remove some of the newest rooms. Its a lose/lose situation here. Any ideas?
maybe take out some of the non-members rooms or the rooms that have nothing in them. like on the third floor on the left side there is a room with nothing but carpet in it. or maybe some of the rooms that you yourself did. that might help alleviate the mapsize a bit.
also in hindsight it probably would have been a good idea to limit room size memory wise.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

maybe you should talk to the people who have loads of shit in their rooms and see if you can remove some?

or you could skip the first step and just see if you can remove stuff
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

t00bz wrote:maybe you should talk to the people who have loads of shit in their rooms and see if you can remove some?

or you could skip the first step and just see if you can remove stuff
you can talk to them. im not going through everyone's rooms, having a talk to see what they allow me to remove, then removing it.

also spleenter, i did remove rooms that were empty. Either I forgot about one or you're thinking of an earlier version. Regardless, that helps, but it doesn't help nearly as much as taking out real rooms. The rooms I'd probably have to remove are Link's room and Veryyes' room (the room with the lights in the dance floor) for starters.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Beetle wrote: also spleenter, i did remove rooms that were empty. Either I forgot about one or you're thinking of an earlier version. Regardless, that helps, but it doesn't help nearly as much as taking out real rooms. The rooms I'd probably have to remove are Link's room and Veryyes' room (the room with the lights in the dance floor) for starters.
its quite that you have removed the one im thinking of since i havnt played the latest version. also Billy Mazing's room, all that is is a disco floor and 1 sound button.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

spleenter wrote:
Beetle wrote: also spleenter, i did remove rooms that were empty. Either I forgot about one or you're thinking of an earlier version. Regardless, that helps, but it doesn't help nearly as much as taking out real rooms. The rooms I'd probably have to remove are Link's room and Veryyes' room (the room with the lights in the dance floor) for starters.
its quite that you have removed the one im thinking of since i havnt played the latest version. also Billy Mazing's room, all that is is a disco floor and 1 sound button.
his would probably be one to go, but still, like you said, its an empty room. That won't do that much.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

Aw come on, the reason we go to that map is to have some fun in the rooms, and we don't even visit it that much.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Egonny wrote:Aw come on, the reason we go to that map is to have some fun in the rooms, and we don't even visit it that much.
so what exactly are you saying?
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Egonny »

Beetle wrote:
Egonny wrote:Aw come on, the reason we go to that map is to have some fun in the rooms, and we don't even visit it that much.
Just leave it be, removing rooms now to make it more stable is not that important.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Egonny wrote:
Beetle wrote:
Just leave it be, removing rooms now to make it more stable is not that important.
We'll enjoy the heck out of those rooms!

Just as the server crashes
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Egonny »

All I'm saying is that the map isn't that popular anymore, and changing the map would cause the members of the rooms to be pissed off, and the map isn't that popular anymore. I suggest to just learn a lesson from this when you organize another project and move on.

If you do insist on making the map more stable, I'd like it if the version with all the rooms and 4/5 chance of crashing would stay on the server too.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Egonny wrote:All I'm saying is that the map isn't that popular anymore, and changing the map would cause the members of the rooms to be pissed off, and the map isn't that popular anymore. I suggest to just learn a lesson from this when you organize another project and move on.

If you do insist on making the map more stable, I'd like it if the version with all the rooms and 4/5 chance of crashing would stay on the server too.
I believe every version that has ever been on the server is still on the server including b2 - the stable one.

and I have definitely learned many lessons for group mapping projects.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

Egonny wrote: and the map isn't that popular anymore.
Probably because it keeps crashing.

I'm pretty sure a general rule in just about anything is making sure something works before you make it good.
Celtic

Unread post by Celtic »

Almost forgot about this thread. I wrote down a 10 map list or so, but off the top of my head:

Breakfloor_b5 now crashes the server
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Unread post by the asylum »

arena_chamber_b4, for some reason, is still playing, even though Medics can break it and Scouts can still use the shortstop.

Don't bother with arena_chamber_b6 either, the new crossbow weapon won't be stripped. Wait for the author to issue b7, but please just get rid of b4 already

EDIT: It should go without saying that all other melee maps (Cube, Bash, Checkers, even my beloved Melee Fort series,) are running their obsolete builds now.

Melee Fort A5 is the current build, and is completely compatible with the australian christmas update