Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Plugin Suggestion

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Plugin Suggestion

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

Warning: funServer material only. If you don't like modstuffs, or if you're spleenter (cCRMJM <3) then just... don't reply here... please.... :?

Anyways, I figured this plugin IS funserver material, and I think the author's pretty cool too.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=139069

Yeah. Also, current version is 0.9, but I found 0.95 somewhere if captain wants it. Much better than 0.9. Many bugfixes too. 0.95 would be exclusive right now to cC (and another server I probably wouldn't mention here).
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: Plugin Suggestion

Unread post by Egonny »

I'd like that plugin on the server, but I fear it's gonna end up ruining the gameplay (like roll the dice)
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I want random move speed on spawn (so a heavy can roll scout move speed with engie weapons). I also want random health. Both of these options should only be able to roll an existing move speed or and existing health amount and should be a random 1/9 roll. The reason I am spelling this out is because there is some overlap between classes for move speed and health and I want the rolls to be weighted to the average rather than high or low.

Once those two features are in I intend to put this on the Fun Server 100% of the time, on by default. It will become a random server.

Also, I would love to talk you into calling this plugin calculatedChaos but we'll have to talk about that via steam later.
Egonny wrote:I'd like that plugin on the server, but I fear it's gonna end up ruining the gameplay (like roll the dice)
Yes, it will ruin the server you know. My plan is to re-balance which maps are on which servers a little bit (more moving the serious maps to the fun server for randomizer fun than anything else). I'm hoping that the outcome of this is that people will join the fun server for the randomizer and people who want to play a more serious game without it can play on the main server.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Can i assume there will be no way of "opting out" of the randomizer?

Yes Flamin, i can ask legitimate questions without bashing one of your ideas.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

captainAngry wrote: I'm hoping that the outcome of this is that people will join the fun server for the randomizer and people who want to play a more serious game without it can play on the main server.
But the main server is always empty :( .
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

Admins will have a reroll command... if that helps... but Polycount broked it... :?
And Spleenter, I'll look into an admin opt-out command. But if everybody in a game doesn't play randomizer, it kinda ruins the "balance" by permitting people to choose what weapons they get (even if its for their class).

If it helps, it worked EXTREMELY well before polycount, several server owners reported. Like, epicly well. Some bugs, but made their servers full often.
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

shameless bump because ive played randomizer and its pretty fun.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'm ready to do it. it will be added this weekend.