Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Civilian Plugin

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Civilian Plugin

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

Something I cooked up quickly after a ton of people on the funServer requested it.
sm_civilian allows anyone to set themselves as civilian.
sm_setcivilian <target> [0/1] allows admins with Cheats flag to set people as civilians.

(Does the same as addcond 0 would with sv_cheats 1, but without sv_cheats needing to be on. Not exploitable AFAICT)
Attachments
civilian.sp
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
civilian.smx
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Re: Civilian Plugin

Unread post by Egonny »

Nice work, but did people really ask for this?
I have never seen anyone ask for a civi plugin.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I think he meant he was on the server and he said "Do you want me to make a civilian plugin?" and everyone said yes so he made it.
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

I'm totally adding this to my server now.
Indeed.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

FlaminSarge wrote:Something I cooked up quickly after a ton of people on the funServer requested it.
sm_civilian allows anyone to set themselves as civilian.
sm_setcivilian <target> [0/1] allows admins with Cheats flag to set people as civilians.

(Does the same as addcond 0 would with sv_cheats 1, but without sv_cheats needing to be on. Not exploitable AFAICT)
Don't suppose you could make a plugin that makes 1 random person on each team have guns on a melee map? It would certainly make things go by faster. I don't know the limits of plugins though.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I'll try.

In the meantime cap'n should use asherkin's (now his + mine) tf2items_giveweapon plugin. Very useful admin tool. Plus its just plain crazy. Giving everyone a hyper valve rocket launcher. On a melee map. THAT ends quickly.
TF2Backpack
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

This was the worst idea ever thought up, to have people sit around in reference pose ISN'T FUN.

Why are people on the fun server so gosh darn retarded?

and yes i know my question is self explanatory.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Let's say I pick rocket launcher/buff banner/equalizer soldier/ I'm about to use my buff banner for a push..............and suddenly it's a huntsman.

Anyways civilian isn't really that funny.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

LaN wrote:Let's say I pick rocket launcher/buff banner/equalizer soldier/ I'm about to use my buff banner for a push..............and suddenly it's a huntsman.

Anyways civilian isn't really that funny.
What he said, Civilian is just retarded
On the first thing lan said, If my direct hit becomes a FaN I will murder you flamin
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

People brought up civilian on toyfort, and someone said they wished civvie was back (I think zamboni was there, ask him who it was?), and I said I could make a plugin that did that, and people said "do eet" etc.

Anyways, if the only complaints are that civvie is stupid, then I guess no problem, but if its broken, I need to know pretty urgently.

I made an update that has a disable cvar and a disable-self cvar (to disallow !civilian but not setcivilian).
Right now I need to test it, but afaict it works right.

As for giveweapon, I think there's /tf2items_disable. Also, ##18 = valve rocket launcher with 108 shots and 9900% fire rate. Forget the FaN, trilby. Buff banner THAT. Fun.

They're both just silly plugins, so as long as its not crashing, like I said, no problem.

(Side note: plugin is useful for slowing down derpscouts on meleecheckers...)

Oh! Trilby, how far along is the rebel pack? I'm looking into model replacement combined with attribute changes (aka real custom weapons that don't use the same model as default/unlockable weapons). Rebel pack can be on the servers possibly, once the pack is done. WITH whatever attributes/abilities you want.
TF2Backpack
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

FlaminSarge wrote:People brought up civilian on toyfort, and someone said they wished civvie was back (I think zamboni was there, ask him who it was?), and I said I could make a plugin that did that, and people said "do eet" etc.

Anyways, if the only complaints are that civvie is stupid, then I guess no problem, but if its broken, I need to know pretty urgently.

I made an update that has a disable cvar and a disable-self cvar (to disallow !civilian but not setcivilian).
Right now I need to test it, but afaict it works right.

As for giveweapon, I think there's /tf2items_disable. Also, ##18 = valve rocket launcher with 108 shots and 9900% fire rate. Forget the FaN, trilby. Buff banner THAT. Fun.

They're both just silly plugins, so as long as its not crashing, like I said, no problem.

(Side note: plugin is useful for slowing down derpscouts on meleecheckers...)

Oh! Trilby, how far along is the rebel pack? I'm looking into model replacement combined with attribute changes (aka real custom weapons that don't use the same model as default/unlockable weapons). Rebel pack can be on the servers possibly, once the pack is done. WITH whatever attributes/abilities you want.
It's getting there still haven't found a modeler I got everything planned out and so on find me a modeler and it'll get done quicker cause I myself and having a hell of a time figuring out blender
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

To-do:
Find modeler for LaN's Feraligatr hat.
Find modeler for Trilby's Rebel's Pack.

Agent models hats, I think. He made a Kepi (which was promptly ninja'd on tf2emporium).
TF2Backpack
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

FlaminSarge wrote:To-do:
Find modeler for LaN's Feraligatr hat.
Find modeler for Trilby's Rebel's Pack.

Agent models hats, I think. He made a Kepi (which was promptly ninja'd on tf2emporium).
HAVE FUN WITH THAT
/offtofindmodeleragain
Nadaz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15505066
Xbox Gamer Tag: Nadaz444

Unread post by Nadaz »

I personally love Civilian. Whenever Funserver 'crashes' and we go to Nucleus I go Civilian Hoovy and punch people. The reason I do that, I hate Nucleus.