Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Remove the Force Spec Command...

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Remove the Force Spec Command...

Unread post by Divine Fate »

From normal admins, they're using it like the slay command because they don't have slay. This is a game-changing command and as such should be categorized in a higher field of admin. Not to mention it's terribly annoying having to rejoin a team every time someone decides it would be fun to send everyone to spectator.

On a slightly related note, normal admins also have access to slap if they spray someone's spray then remove it and start using the slap button there. Might I suggest removing this as well?
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: Remove the Force Spec Command...

Unread post by spleenter »

As much as i like those commands i do agree that something needs to be done about them. the only problem with that is when no root admins are on and we're in arena chambers and the map breaks what are we low admin to do, kick an entire team?

forcing to spec is easier and far less annoying than using the kick command.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

dont take away slap, its one of the only funthings left they have and it dosent get abused much, i think if they even have admin the should atleast be responsible enough to use the spraytrace slap.
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Divine Fate wrote:From normal admins, they're using it like the slay command because they don't have slay. This is a game-changing command and as such should be categorized in a higher field of admin. Not to mention it's terribly annoying having to rejoin a team every time someone decides it would be fun to send everyone to spectator.

On a slightly related note, normal admins also have access to slap if they spray someone's spray then remove it and start using the slap button there. Might I suggest removing this as well?
So many people with admin aren't really admin material. I still say we just keep them the way they are and temp ban them if they pull that crap. Its like testing your parents by doing bad things just to see if they will acknowledge it. If someone is just standing in the spawn practically afk or if they are toasty and just running around not actually killing ( on the custom server) that is when force spec would be useful).
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I like beetle's idea better.

Nevermind.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I removed slap from the spray menu.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

captainangry wrote:I removed slap from the spray menu.
I could understand the force spec being removed, but I don't understand slapping being taken away.

Are people using it on random people or something and killing with it? I just use it on myself, and I only use it on myself on jump maps and hurrr maps like toastycamp.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Spraying someones spray using admin and then slapping them with the remove spray commands is an exploit. The remove spray command was meant to remove offensive sprays, not to admin abuse other people.

Since the slap associated the remove spray command was by and large used for admin abuse instead of what it was intended, it was removed.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Plus, since I like naming names, Incredible Spycrab for instance would slap himself to get to areas in ways he wasn't suppose to - even on the mainserver.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.