Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

I'm Kinda Mad. [ban appeal]

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
John Failman

I'm Kinda Mad. [ban appeal]

Unread post by John Failman »

Well, I was on Aperature Scout, and an admin said if I get passed level 13 I get .0001 seconds of noclip.

I took the challenge because I wanted too.

Well, I did it, and right after I asked, I was slapped and burnt, wouldn't have lived if I didn't grab the healthpacks. So I kept asking, because I was promised it and he said "That was your noclip." I didn't like that, I thought I was being taken advantage of.

I asked for my noclip to a point where I stopped. Next map comes around, I ask about 3 minutes into it "Can I have what you promised me?" And many members suggested Banclip, well I was slapped some more, and after saying a few times "I was promised something, and I kinda expected it." I saw a vote "John freeman deserves Banclip?"

The choices were "Yes!" and "YESS."

I was permabanned straight after. I was kinda mad, because they promised me something and never said anything about it being a joke, I was taken advantage of and I saw a classic sample of Admin Abuse, "n00bs deserve sum slappin."

I just want to be unbanned, I have been on the server since I got TF2 in January. Also, can I ask "Why" I deserved a ban for expecting noclip for .0001 seconds? You're the one who promised it.

Edit: Turns out it was just a cruel joke, because it loaded, even though last time it said BANNED.

One of them said "You failed the lesson about joking." But he needs to realize some people take that seriously when you get permabanned.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: I'm Kinda Mad. [ban appeal]

Unread post by spleenter »

So are you still banned?
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I know some like to kick with the reason being "PERMABANNED" just to scare people. It's a sick joke, I know.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Can you recall who was there and what time this happened.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Most of em are a bunch of idiots, but they don't usually permaban. They definitely always say they do though.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

Beetle wrote:Most of em are a bunch of idiots, but they don't usually permaban. They definitely always say they do though.
if we are gonna bash on root-admins for perma-banning people well....I might as well say this, I don't think for a really-bad-spray that you should SPRAY THE THING AROUND FOR ALL TO SEE and not give the sprayer a warning about changing it (this is what i needed to talk to captain about) and then perma ban the guy,

My work here is done
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

Maybe we should allow everyone access to sm_who...
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I would assume everyone has access to sm_who...
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

If by everyone, you mean all admins, then yeah, but public players do not have access to sm_who. I tried from my friend's account last Saturday.
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Trilby wrote:
Beetle wrote:Most of em are a bunch of idiots, but they don't usually permaban. They definitely always say they do though.
if we are gonna bash on root-admins for perma-banning people well....I might as well say this, I don't think for a really-bad-spray that you should SPRAY THE THING AROUND FOR ALL TO SEE and not give the sprayer a warning about changing it (this is what i needed to talk to captain about) and then perma ban the guy,

My work here is done
I wasn't bashing root admins. I've just lost track of who has what specific commands. I dont know whether normal admins can permaban or not. I'm not afraid to bash root admins though. I know of a certain one that banned a guy on the custom server just cuz he and his friend were a good heavy medic team and were constantly beating him.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

Beetle wrote:
Trilby wrote:

My work here is done
I wasn't bashing root admins. I've just lost track of who has what specific commands. I dont know whether normal admins can permaban or not. I'm not afraid to bash root admins though. I know of a certain one that banned a guy on the custom server just cuz he and his friend were a good heavy medic team and were constantly beating him.
Oh my bad :/
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
John Failman

Unread post by John Failman »

LaN wrote:Can you recall who was there and what time this happened.
6:20 West Coast, Haunwolf was an admin online, and he was the one who set up the deal, so I believe that.

If you mean others as in members, Incredible Spycrab is one who I know was there, but I can't remember if he's admin or member.

I can't remember all of them. But I'm unbanned, and I think it should be dealt with, because it was kinda like abuse.