Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

More serious maps on the funserver.

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

More serious maps on the funserver.

Unread post by spleenter »

We all know how much fun cp_iron is. I'm thinking that the server would benefit from more semi-serious maps and less pointless jump maps. I would really appreciate you opinions on this topic. Help me in my quest to eliminate melee maps please.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: More serious maps on the funserver.

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

spleenter wrote:We all know how much fun cp_iron is. I'm thinking that the server would benefit from more semi-serious maps and less pointless jump maps. I would really appreciate you opinions on this topic. Help me in my quest to eliminate melee maps please.
While this is something almost EVERYONE wants, (especially Agent, since he hates the funserver with the burning passion of 500 suns) it would be almost impossible.

Let's pretend captain DID remove every melee map.
----------------------------------------
Funserver Regulars: "OMG WHAR DEED TEH MEREE ONRY MAPZ GUU DIZ CERVER SUX NAO WE SHUD GUU TO DEH OTHA CERVER"

*Everyone migrates to the main server while the funserver goes to what I call the "Server Shitlist"*

Funserver Regulars: "GEMME LUW GRAV; GEMME NUCLEP; MAEK EET MEREE ONRY"

Main Server Regulars: "No. Deal with it or Gtfo."

*Funserver Regulars spam the forums with complaints; the smaller, more intelligent variety decide to actually deal with the main server's rules, if only temporarily*
---
At this point, One of two things will happen.

Option 1: The Much More Likely Option
---
Captain: "Fuck it, Melee maps are back on the Funserver."

*Funserver Regulars migrate back to the Funserver as it once again becomes crap*

*Someone complains about melee maps on the Funserver several months after the events of "F-Day" and once agains starts this neverending circle of events*
---
Option 2: The Far Less Likely Option
---
*Captain ignores their spam and simply deletes on sight*

*Funserver regulars leave the cC community, spreading the word of "DIZ TOTALLY TERRIBLE CERVER DAT I ONCE WEENT ON" (Look at Hellfire steam profile), making sure that we get as few members as possible*
-------------------------------------------------
As you can see, this would only create more annoyance than the Funserver already has on a daily basis.
Life is whatever.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

there are barely any only funserver regulars anymore
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24117589

Unread post by Fat Elvis »

spleenter wrote:We all know how much fun cp_iron is. I'm thinking that the server would benefit from more semi-serious maps and less pointless jump maps. I would really appreciate you opinions on this topic. Help me in my quest to eliminate melee maps please.
Isn't that what the custom map server is for?
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

I agree with the OP.

we really need to start slowly stepping away from the gimmicky maps that all the younger audience raves for.
even when maps like cp_iron and even a valve map are put into the rotation every now and again they stay and play.

this cannot be a sudden change and remove completely these other maps.. ie. checkers, breakfloor. we dont need to take them off the server. the rotation just needs more of a variety.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

HuRtMePleNtY wrote:I agree with the OP.

we really need to start slowly stepping away from the gimmicky maps that all the younger audience raves for.
even when maps like cp_iron and even a valve map are put into the rotation every now and again they stay and play.

this cannot be a sudden change and remove completely these other maps.. ie. checkers, breakfloor. we dont need to take them off the server. the rotation just needs more of a variety.
We were doing all valve arena maps with some iron and toyfort here and there today man it was not so fucking annoying cause the little fags left and or raged and got muted/kicked if they persisted
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

what ever happened to thoes good maps i suggested

ill just bump the topic and try to get them on.
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

Problem is, those maps are at the beginning of the nominate list. Meleebash, meleecheckers, etc. should be at the end of the nominate list. If anything, people will be too lazy to scroll through 12 pages of maps just to select meleecheckers (only to find that too many other maps have already been nominated ;) )
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

FlaminSarge wrote:

Problem is, those maps are at the beginning of the nominate list. Meleebash, meleecheckers, etc. should be at the end of the nominate list. If anything, people will be too lazy to scroll through 12 pages of maps just to select meleecheckers (only to find that too many other maps have already been nominated ;) )
So there's a plugin to disallow recently played maps. I don't see why there isn't a plugin to push popular maps to the back of the nominate list :/
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

The nominate list is in alphabetical order...

Those are at the frount because they are arena maps.

I can move things around a bit.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Thank you captain, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tired of playing the same maps over and over again. Also the recently played maps get erased on a server crash which happens quite regularly on the fun server as we are all well aware.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

spleenter wrote:Thank you captain, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tired of playing the same maps over and over again. Also the recently played maps get erased on a server crash which happens quite regularly on the fun server as we are all well aware.
Oi, Oi whats your problem with jump maps?
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Trilby wrote:
spleenter wrote:Thank you captain, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tired of playing the same maps over and over again. Also the recently played maps get erased on a server crash which happens quite regularly on the fun server as we are all well aware.
Oi, Oi whats your problem with jump maps?

They get really old really fast, especially when its skyscraper4, engyjump, tholos, apeture scoutjump over and over again.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

Why not just have a set rotation of maps that are the most wanted by EVERYONE
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Celtic wrote:Why not just have a set rotation of maps that are the most wanted by EVERYONE
The problem with that is if we had only the maps that EVERYONE liked there would be no maps on the server. Its very tough for everyone to come to a consensus on something, even if it is just a video game.