Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

breakfloor_b7 Ideas+Bugs Also new map ideas here!

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Re: breakfloor_b7 Ideas+Bugs Also new map ideas here!

Unread post by Toastyking »

Pain stroke texture added for TF2ness.
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Wow Toasty. I really like the metal one. Imma use that for the logo on the credits poster. Thanks :D
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

what do you think about not dieing instantly at the bottom, but more of a slow death, then people can fight it out at the bottom or sacrifice to get a block under a player destroyed
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

tomm wrote:what do you think about not dieing instantly at the bottom, but more of a slow death, then people can fight it out at the bottom or sacrifice to get a block under a player destroyed
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24117589

Unread post by Fat Elvis »

tomm wrote:what do you think about not dieing instantly at the bottom, but more of a slow death, then people can fight it out at the bottom or sacrifice to get a block under a player destroyed
Sandvich heavy would mess that all up.
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Also sentries, spies, etc.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

Tempest wrote:Also sentries, spies, etc.
cant you make it nobuild, and like alittle more damage than fire.

that sounds about good
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

We still have heavies and medics as temp problems
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

I believe there is a way to strip weapons once the player passes a certain point in the map (cp_meleebarn even makes you switch to the melee weapon every single time you leave or enter the spawn area). If you do this, you could strip specifically the medigun and sandwich as people fall down. Melee only in the pit would work too. The only problem is sly medics reproducing the melee_checkers overheal bug by healing someone as their weapons are stripped, so you'd have to make the damage rate slightly higher than the heal rate, or we'd have permanent overheal people in the pit, unless you could make it so that only one person can drop into the pit at a time (like arena_chamber, except once they hit the ground the next person can go through), and strip weapons nearer to the ground, so a medic and his buddy can't go through at the same time.

... Wall of text, sorry. But it should stop any exploiting or healing.
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

Or some saws in the pit. You have to avoid them and will die eventually.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

LaN wrote:Or some saws in the pit. You have to avoid them and will die eventually.
They'd have to have some specific path that covers all areas in the pit, and some people are very good at dodging.

Unrelated, random idea: How about a button in the pit that destroys a layer of enemy blocks if you purposely jump down to hit it? Suicide button! It kills the player that pushed it and destroys some blocks. That way people who fall into the pit can be of some use, and maybe saws could guard the button a bit so that it's harder to reach.
TF2Backpack
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

Add moving saws/whatever that make it impossible to stay in one place without dying (eating a sandvich).
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Oh I have an idea, how about adding that middle part between the RED and BLU floors that's in breakfall? That would allow a 'staging' zone of sorts and make games a little less campy.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

A little bridge in the middle would be........interesting.

just make sure its unbuildable
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

LaN wrote:A little bridge in the middle would be........interesting.

just make sure its unbuildable
On that topic, there should be a version that allows building, and one that disallows building (This would include the breakable blocks). Both would have a little different flavor since you could build.
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Thank you for the idea guys, ill take these in consideration and see what works best.

Now onto the subject of camping, I'm not sure if Ive said it in this thread or not yet, but I've added a timer that makes it so after about 5 or so minutes into the game the first layer of blocks break, and then 5 or 10 seconds later the layer below that one breaks, so on and so forth, until the last layer. This last layer I think breaks after 15 seconds.

This is to promote moving and to try and stop camping as there is no point in camping now.

Hopefully this will make for quicker and more fun rounds.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

Tempest wrote:Thank you for the idea guys, ill take these in consideration and see what works best.

Now onto the subject of camping, I'm not sure if Ive said it in this thread or not yet, but I've added a timer that makes it so after about 5 or so minutes into the game the first layer of blocks break, and then 5 or 10 seconds later the layer below that one breaks, so on and so forth, until the last layer. This last layer I think breaks after 15 seconds.

This is to promote moving and to try and stop camping as there is no point in camping now.

Make sure that Dead Ringer's Can't refill easily i.e put a lvl 1 dispenser around to heal and restore ammo but can't be upgraded instead of ammo boxes and health kits
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

Trilby wrote:
Tempest wrote:Thank you for the idea guys, ill take these in consideration and see what works best.

Make sure that Dead Ringer's Can't refill easily i.e put a lvl 1 dispenser around to heal and restore ammo but can't be upgraded instead of ammo boxes and health kits
King george will finally die
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

He'll find a new way to grief. Oh, level 1 dispensers still extend the DR cloak by quite a bit. I remember sitting on Crab Nicholson's lvl1dispenser on melee_checkers_v3 while a demoknight was searching for me. He got me pretty quickly, but I was still the last person alive. Dispensers fill the normal cloak pretty quickly too.
TF2Backpack
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

You can see the beams
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

LaN wrote:You can see the beams
Owned Flamin, and lan is right you can see the beams and aslo lvl 1 dispensers don't do shit
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

How about we put the level 1 dispenser in the top of the ramp area for both teams, only it is partly in the wall as to not take space?

Also on the subject of camping, I think what should happen is after 1-2 minutes they start breaking in 15 second intervals, the last layer lasting 1 minute however.

5 minutes is still way to long for the game to be, it's arena it shouldn't take more then 2 or so minutes.

And tempest, what do you think about the 'Middle ramp' idea?
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Not sure I like the idea of dispensers, since level 1 actually DO give a lot of cloak still.

Also, middle ramp idea?
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

The little passage on the sides , you can make them connect with a middle bridge
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

Tempest wrote:Not sure I like the idea of dispensers, since level 1 actually DO give a lot of cloak still.

Also, middle ramp idea?
Your all high as fuck I've never had a lvl 1 keep me dead ringed even when I'm not getting hit

And

Middle ramp? you mean kinda like the breakfall thing?

Also I've seen servers with dispensers that only heal and refill the ammo of their team without healing/ammoing enemy spies
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Trilby wrote:
Owned Flamin, and lan is right you can see the beams and aslo lvl 1 dispensers don't do shit
Sorry for late reply, was out the past couple days. Um... yeah, I know YOU can see the beams, but I've got all my settings on low. It makes it so that the dispenser beams and medic heal beams only render fairly close up :( ... Also, I don't think dispensers built into the map show healbeams, they look like inactive dispensers but still heal or something.

Oh, and I said I camped on Crab Nicholson's lvl 1 for a bit. It doesn't keep it full, but it extends it for a while. The hit-flicker always shows up after 6 seconds, though, so dispensers shouldn't be much of a problem.

And no, I cannot turn up my settings without my FPS dropping to 1. Yes, it is only my problem (although others might have low settings too). I realize this.
TF2Backpack
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

FlaminSarge wrote:
Trilby wrote:
Sorry for late reply, was out the past couple days. Um... yeah, I know YOU can see the beams, but I've got all my settings on low. It makes it so that the dispenser beams and medic heal beams only render fairly close up :( ... Also, I don't think dispensers built into the map show healbeams, they look like inactive dispensers but still heal or something.

Oh, and I said I camped on Crab Nicholson's lvl 1 for a bit. It doesn't keep it full, but it extends it for a while. The hit-flicker always shows up after 6 seconds, though, so dispensers shouldn't be much of a problem.

And no, I cannot turn up my settings without my FPS dropping to 1. Yes, it is only my problem (although others might have low settings too). I realize this.
Herp Derp
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Trilby wrote:Herp Derp
:cry: Have some compassion Trilby
TF2Backpack
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

I might just post this new b7 without all the fancy new textures and stuff so that there is a actual, fun and working breakfloor on the server again. Getting tired of getting on the server and seeing DR spies in the pit -_-
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

If you could, can you make it so that its not graphics intensive? (Basic textures and stuff) My FPS drops with the green, red, and blue gas. B5 was good about textures, but maybe just solid red and blue blocks? Maybe like orange, just dev textures.

Oh, you should add a chute that people slide down into the break arena in the ten seconds before the round starts, just for flair (make it push them through so they can't hold S and hang in there or sit in the opening in the wall).

Random ideas.
TF2Backpack