Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Auto-Team Balance Issue with Jump Maps

Discuss any problems with the server and make suggestions for improvement.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Auto-Team Balance Issue with Jump Maps

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

I would like to request Auto-team balance be set to off for all Jump maps.
Most jump maps are made for ONE team. So when played on our server, half the players in the server get to do the jumps while the other half is stuck in a small box somewhere within the map and cannot partake in the game-play. Thus, everyone quickly rocks-the-vote to change the map to one they can all partake in.

I know there are mixed feelings about jump objective maps in CC, but many of people's perspective of these types of maps have been formed around playing on our server while Auto-team balance is set to one. I think this would change, if for these types of maps the cvar would be set to zero and everyone connected to the server could have a fair chance to play.

These type of maps are set up as challenges, and i think greatly improve ones skills in said class the map is oriented for (based on my experiences with these maps and my own playing skill).

Much Appreciated,

HurTme
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Auto-Team Balance Issue with Jump Maps

Unread post by captainAngry »

I ahve added a cfg file that will turn autobalance off and allow you to pick whatever team you want to any map that starts with jump_. Unless you guys tell me otherwise, I am going to leave it on for the skyscraper maps since they have two sides.

Let me know if you need anything else.

-Captain
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Also the Jail map on the funserver is only for one team, but autobalance is still active.
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

Thanks Captain, I appreciate it.

Ill go through the maplist tomorrow to see what other maps you can add to the config; seeing as not all jump maps begin with typical jump_ prefix.