Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Map Submission Guidelines and FAQ

Play a good map that you would like to see on the server? Submit it here.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Map Submission Guidelines and FAQ

Unread post by captainAngry »

Around here, Thursdays is a jumpSkill mapDay. During the week I will add newly submitted maps to the server. Members can then join the during the jumpSkill mapDay to play and rate any of the maps.

In order to get your map into the server on this day, you must follow the following guidelines:

1.) When submitting a map, the title of the thread should be something related to the map name. It needs to be easily recognizable and searchable so that if anyone is looking to see if we already have a particular map on the server, they can find it. You can view all of the maps we have collected ratings on on our Map Ratings page.

2.) You must either upload the map to the forum or provide a link to a website where I can download the map. This will allow people who wish to pre-download the maps to do so. It also allows me to quickly download the map without having to search for it.

3.) Provide some kind of information about the map. This could simply be a copy paste of the description of the map from where you found it. It could also include pictures, other maps the person has designed or your personal experience playing the map on another server. We aren't very picky but some information is helpful.

That's it. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Re: Map Submission Guidelines and FAQ

Unread post by GrimGriz »

captainangry wrote: test and rate any of the maps that are up for entry into our regular map rotation.
Are you going to have jump maps in the regular server rotation, or a regular jump rotation on Thursdays and no jump maps at other times?
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Map Submission Guidelines and FAQ

Unread post by captainAngry »

Sorry, I copied that from the other map submission area. Thursday will have it's own map rotation with just jump/Skill maps, the rest of the week will have none.