Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

HellFire's Soldier Guide.

Tips and tricks for playing the Soldier class.
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

HellFire's Soldier Guide.

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

Well, recently I've been trying this class a lot, and I've noticed that when I play it on the main server I tend to rack up a lot of kills on this class more than the spy, So here's my completely random guide:

Classes

Spy - These guys aren't really that hard to face when in direct combat with one, so if they're far away whip out that rocket launcher if they're coming at you directly and weaken them before they can reach you. If they're still alive pull out your shotgun and knock them down a little further, and if they're still somehow alive, pull out the shovel and crack their head open.

Pyro - Now this is where it get's difficult. The pyro usually just w + M1's you to death, so you'll need to use the rocket launcher to narrow down the fight when they're coming at you from far away. then I recommend avoiding melee combat with them, just shotgun them until they die, if you use the rocket launcher to close it'll damage you as well.

Scout - These little suckers can be rather difficult to defeat with the rocket launcher if they're jumping around at random, so pull out that rocket launcher and attempt to twiddle them down to size, then when they're close use the shotgun, as the shovel isn't as helpful here, as they're usually too quick for it and will kill you before you do them.

Heavy - The heavy is much more difficult to defeat than any other, it'll usually take all four of your rockets to take down a fully healed one, so try and surprise them from above. If they have a medic healing them, kill their medic, hide from the heavy, then pop out and kill him quickly.

Soldier - Now seeing as that this is the same class as you, it makes it pretty even, as you have the same weapons, just rocket to where they seem to be running, then shotgun/shovel them to death or run away for health, then get back in the fight

Medic - The Medic can sometimes be a very high threat to you if you aren't paying attention, or he comes up behind you, but if he does manage to sneak up on you, don't waste your rockets on him, just pull out your shotgun for long range, or just whack him with your shovel.

Sniper - Usually if you're running at a sniper from long range, it will be very difficult to get to him in time before he pecks you off with his sniper. If you can get behind him, use your shovel to hit him a few times, then pick him off with your shotgun.

Engineer - Normally, if you see an Engineer, he has a pet sentry to protect him from harm, so if it's possible, just fire your rockets at the sentry until it's down, then run in and shotgun him to death.
NSFW: Click to View
Now go devour a plate of cocks.
Last edited by [DAWN]HellFire on 23 Nov 2009, 07:29, edited 6 times in total.
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Re: HellFire's Soldier Guide.

Unread post by thedoghouse »

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:Well, recently I've been trying this class a lot, and I've noticed that when I play it on the main server I tend to rack up a lot of kills on this class more than the spy, So here's my completely random guide:

Firstly I should narrow this down by numbering off how to deal with each class.

Spy - These guys aren't really that hard to face when in direct combat with one, so if they're far away whip out that rocket launcher if they're coming at you directly and weaken them before they can reach you. If they're still alive pull out your shotgun and knock them down a little further, and if they're still somehow alive, pull out the shovel and crack their head open.

Pyro - Now this is where it get's difficult. The pyro usually just w + M1's you to death, so you'll need to use the rocket launcher to narrow down the fight when they're coming at you from far away. then I recommend avoiding melee combat with them, just shotgun them until they die, if you use the rocket launcher to close it'll damage you as well.

Scout - These little suckers can be rather difficult to defeat with the rocket launcher if they're jumping around at random, so pull out that rocket launcher and attempt to twiddle them down to size, then when they're close use the shotgun, as the shovel isn't as helpful here, as they're usually too quick for it and will kill you before you do them.

Heavy - The heavy is much more difficult to defeat than any other, it'll usually take all four of your rockets to take down a fully healed one, so try and surprise them from above. If they have a medic healing them, kill their medic, hide from the heavy, then pop out and kill him quickly.

Soldier - Now seeing as that this is the same class as you, it makes it pretty even, as you have the same weapons, just rocket to where they seem to be running, then shotgun/shovel them to death or run away for health, then get back in the fight

I'll update the rest of the classes later, until then, use my advice in-game, and kick some ass.
ok, when you say "long range" for spy, I think of the distance between the forts on 2fort, no WAY you could kill a good spy with a rocket from that far away, if a spy is near you you kill it with 2 rockets.

Pyros you can kill with rockets to their feet, if they get too close you can kill them with a shotgun, not as hard as you make it sound.

Scouts you either hit the ground where they'll land with a rocket or run behind a wall, wait for him to come, then shoot him with a shotgun

The Heavy is one of the easier ones, you just gotta shoot his feet with rockets and if you have to reload see if you can 1. get behind cover or 2. get closer and shoot him with your shotgun

Soldier, you just shoot him with rockets and when you have to reload run up to him and start shotgunning him

Told you I'd show you how your guide is completely wrong ;)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Protip: Before you even ATTEMPT to make a soldier guide, make sure you can score more points than cap and Warmonger when they're both playing soldier.
Life is whatever.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

PhrozenFlame wrote:Protip: Before you even ATTEMPT to make a soldier guide, make sure you can score more points than cap and Warmonger when they're both playing soldier.
which is why I haven't made a guide, I just like telling him whats wrong ;)

all you have to do against a demoman and shoot a rocket at his feet, let him fall, shoot him into the air again, let him fall etc.

For sentries, they usually wont be out in the open where you can shoot it from long range, you'll have to barely poke out from behind a wall and shoot it with rockets (as cpt said take advantage of the fact that they fire a little to the right)

snipers you don't fight, if you can get up behind him then start blasting him with the shotgun and when you have to reload start backing up and shooting his feet with rockets

and on payload maps you just want to sit on the cart and blow back enemies with your rocketlauncher, no matter whether you're attacking or defending, because if you're defending on top of the cart it will keep them from pushing it if they get too close, and if your attacking then you're pushing the cart and killing them at the same time

Medic is about the only thing you got right but I don't think we need a guide to killing a medic
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

my soldier guide for all classes:

1. shoot their feet
2. look up and aim where they are going
3. shoot a rocket
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!

only use shotgun on ppl running away from you after you have damaged them.
Rocket launcher is win.
edit: oh yeah.. here is my protip: camp health and ammo boxes.
[DAWN]HellFire

Stop creating guides inside a thread dedicated to guiding people on the soldier class, if you wish to share your tips, make your own damn guide >:|
Last edited by [DAWN]HellFire on 11 Aug 2009, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

i was trolling. lol
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:Stop creating guides inside a thread dedicated to guiding people on the soldier class, if you wish to share your tips, make your own damn guide >:|
nonononono thats not the lesson to be learned!

the lesson to be learned is don't make a guide when you don't know what you're talking about lest ye be proven wrong by many people multiple times!
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
[DAWN]HellFire

By the look of the guide I understand that class very much.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

By the look of the author, you wrote the guide.
Case Closed.
Life is whatever.
[DAWN]HellFire

huh? whatever.
Albino
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Albino »

[DAWN]HellFire

So, how's everyone enjoying my guide?
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Noone.
Life is whatever.
[DAWN]HellFire

eh, honestly I put this here to help, I could end the whole "guide" Shit by slapping one of these up on each of the classes. lawl.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

straight copy and paste, should of at least put the sauce. lol