Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Sniping: Huntsman Edition

Tips and tricks for playing the Sniper class.
???

Sniping: Huntsman Edition

Unread post by ??? »

Tips on how to use The Huntsman, how I us The Huntsman

-Huntsman is a difficult weapon to use at first, be patient
-Heavies are slow, especially when they are shooting with the minigun. Headshot them. This will take more than one if they are overhealed
-It takes time to reload, pull back the bow(however much) and shoot. if your target has low health, finish them off with your SMG
-I use SMG instead of Jarate or Razorback because:
-As a Huntsman sniper you are less vulnerable to backstabs because you dont zoom out and are moving, also able to spycheck, therefore rendering Razorback less
effective
-In the end, Jarate is only really good for mass assists, and what good and fun are those? Yes, Jarate-Kukri combo can be useful, but only against spies, who are
close-range attakers, and we have already had the spy talk
-If you draw back an arrow and find no one to shoot, the arrow will lose accuracy when you do shoot it going wayyyy far away from your crosshairs, dont shoot the arrow
to get rid of it, draw the bow back with right click
-Headshot or at least damage incoming pyros and close-range attackers, and finish them off with SMG
-If you spycheck, use arrows, this may instantly kill them, if you are looking for a cloaked spy, use SMG, and shoot slowly in a circle, ive dodged a SMG shooter as a spy before
-Allow arrow drop of course
-around a corner, draw the arrow back, peek out and shoot, and go back into the corner
-shoot into crowds, you will usually hit someone

Hope this guide has been useful(more so than some of the other guides that just say HEADSHOT)

:)
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Sniping: Huntsman Edition

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Are you saying it's no fun to cover your enemies in PEE? >_>

And for me it comes down to one thing: PREDICTION. It's not instant like the regular rifle. You have to PREDICT where your target is GOING and not aim where he is unless he's standing still.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Headshot hitboxes are increased for the huntsman. HEADSHOT.

Oh, whoops.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

The Huntsman changes:
---Removed restriction that arrows need to be aimed before they can be lit by a Pyro.
---Bow can now be lowered without losing the lit arrow.
---Changed bow so you can start charging it while you're jumping, but you can't fire until you're on the ground.
---Fixed bug where flame effect would get stuck on if you change weapons with a lit arrow.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.