Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

AnAverageNobody's guide to close up headshots

Tips and tricks for playing the Sniper class.
AnAverageNobody
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23961514

AnAverageNobody's guide to close up headshots

Unread post by AnAverageNobody »

Close up headshots can be the most annoying thing ever to happen to anyone. Ever. The fact that you got shot in the face by a sniper from a close distance in not only embarrassing, it speaks to the skill of the sniper. I have yet to have seen any advice on this matter on this board, so I have created a small guide to close headshots.

Requirements:
1 sniper rifle (not a piss sniper)
1 target
patience

Sniping up close is nothing like sniping farther away. You have to actually aim at the target's head before you scope in, much like sniping with the spy's ambassador. When you are sure that you have their head in your crosshair, scope in. Please note that scoping in is not instant. It is a very small fraction of a second, but it is noticeable if your target is a scout. If you are within melee range of a target (I.E. they are meleeing you) then you have to aim above the target's head. The hitboxes up close are higher up on all the classes. Basically if you want it to count as a headshot, you have to literally aim just above the target's head. It will look like you are firing into thin air.

Note: When attempting close headshots, be aware that this takes practice, and you will die. A lot.
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Re: AnAverageNobody's guide to close up headshots

Unread post by Scrambles »

AnAverageNobody wrote:Basically if you want it to count as a headshot, you have to literally aim just above the target's head. It will look like you are firing into thin air.
So just snipe as you would regularly and let the tf2 hitboxes do all the work

Got it.