Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

burnings sniper guide

Tips and tricks for playing the Sniper class.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

burnings sniper guide

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

1.move back and forth when other snipers are around
2.turn around sometimes for spies
3.try and listen for the spy decloak
4.when flying objects (such as a rocket, flare, ect) either shoot target or move out of the way of the object then shoot the target
5.on scouts sometimes u got to aim for the body instead of the head
6.the machete is good against spys when needed if they run and cloak use the machinegun to try and find them
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Re: burnings sniper guide

Unread post by Äusländer »

Addendum:

Sniper maps suck and are useless. Sniping isn't only about twitch shooting, it's about knowing the maps, knowing good lines of sight, and knowing where the enemy will be coming at you from. Personally about half my shots are made by letting guys come into my dot, that way it's easier to time the shot. Hiding your dot is also important, you don't want them to know you're looking at them; I find that putting my dot on team members moving into the action is a good hiding spot.

I do miss the release to shoot days of TFC though, and the ability to un-zoom and keep your charge, no scopes were fun then.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

Move after every shot or two three tops. staying in the same spot will just get you killed. even if it is only a few steps in a direction it is enough for a soldier comoing around the corner and shooting where you were to miss you. Taking out engies is a useful way to help out your team. also defending the intel will help too.

against other snipers
when counter sniping what i do at least (it doesnt work against Aus though for some reason. he's just quicker than me i think) is i keep my dot still (most of the time) at head height and strafe over their head. sometimes i have to snap my dot onto them if i know they will be shooting soon but usually it works quite well. I LOVE sneaking up on other snipers and shooting them in the side or back of the head from like ten feet away. if you have to let a shot charge and shoot them in the hand or the foot it will usually kill them. because sometimes all you will be able to see is a tiny part of their body.

scouts are not as hard as most people think to hit because they think their speed will save them. Aus is right it is way esier to let people run into your dot and shoot them than you trying to track and hit them. scouts think that they can outrun your reflexes they cant. usually scouts are stupid and double jump in the same direction to avoid your shot. this makes it easier to hit them because they cant change direction in midair after their second jump.

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Unread post by KEKEKE »

If you are dominating the enemy sniper, you're a decent sniper. If you are dominating the enemy medics, you're a great sniper.