Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

KarmA's Pyro Guide

Tips and tricks for playing the Pyro class.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38144778

KarmA's Pyro Guide

Unread post by KarmA »

So, I'm just going to get down to the basics.

What you should ALWAYS have and why :

A degreaser - The fast weapon switch comes in handy, especially when dealing with melee spys/scouts

Flaregun - With minicrits caused to people on fire, and causing fire from a long distance, its a must have for the pyro. Its also handy for getting snipers off your ass.

Powerjack - The one weapon we know and love. Giving you a 75+ HP every kill, and with more damage than the axe, its worth staking the critical hits.

Why I overall recommend this set-up :
Combining these create a deadly combination of a sniping pyro that doesnt need a medic to reheal him/her everytime he/her is hurt. The only down on this is -1 hp taken away from afterburn damage. But its a small, unnoticeable effect.

HAPPY W+M1'ING :barf:
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: KarmA's Pyro Guide

Unread post by spleenter »

And when you come up against a shotgun pyro your fucked.

So.......
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

Flares can do more damage than a shotgun slug depending on the distance. You can also just strafe and jump.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

Weird, I got an entirely different setup.

The Flamethrower: Still the best Flamethrower IMO, can reflect and does enough fire damage to hurt a lot when ambushing

The Shotgun: Great for Pyro vs Pyro, attacking fleeing Scouts or attacking classes when you can not get close enough to use the Flamethrower.
or The Flare Gun: if you have to keep a larger distance, or if you have to deal with Snipers. Remember that Flares are easy to evade, so the Shotgun is in most cases preferable.

The Axtinguisher: Using Puff and Sting, you can kill any class except the Heavy with one hit. If you're gonna focus on this technique, it is better to use the Degreaser (also, don't use it for melee only maps.)
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I'm like the only one that still uses the backburner at times, it's hilarious.
Life is whatever.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

PhrozenFlame wrote:I'm like the only one that still uses the backburner at times, it's hilarious.
I like it but only in certain situations. Like when no soldiers or demos are around.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.