Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Medic Tips

Tips and tricks for playing the Medic class.
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17643787
Location: Toronto, Ontario...but mostly where you least expect me.

Medic Tips

Unread post by Awesomesauce »

Can't survive as a medic for more than five seconds? Getting yelled at by your team for being a crappy medic?

WELL THEN THESE FEW TIPS ARE FOR YEH!

1. Go for the power classes such as Heavy, Soldier, Demo, and if your good, Pyro.

2. Keep moving at all times. Jump around or something, just don't stand still. I see this in alot of medic and they become exploding gibs in a few seconds. If you keep moving you are less vulnerable to spies and other enemies.

3. Look behind you when healing. I can't stress this enough. I've stabbed a clueless medic countless times, but failed with the smart ones. All you gotta do is look back once in a while and you'll be safe.

4. When your partner is dead, run don't fight. (Well unless your pissed.) Run away while shooting your Blutsauger (Or whatever). The Blutsauger is a fantastic weapon for a medic. Every hit heals you 3 health which makes it an ideal weapon for running away.

5. When shooting your AIDS coated needles aim a bit above your opponent, depending on how far away they will be. Since needles travel according to gravity and have an arch, it is essential to be accurate and aim above thier heads.

6. Stay away from your partner, Don't stand right next to him. If you stand close to your patient, you will be a much easier target for any attacking class. Try to stay a good distance away from your patient.

7. Basically 6. but with pyro's. When healing a pyro you have to pay attention to your distance at all times. Pyro's are a close range class, so they get alot of damage coming from all sides. Have to be extra careful when healing pyros.

8. Do not heal spies unless they need to be healed. With the new patch, spies get this glow around them when you heal them, making their disguises useless. And spies have feelings too. :(

9. Ubering. You have to pick the right class for the right situations. For sentries pick demos or pyros and sometimes heavys. Demo and pyros can obliterate sentries in seconds, while for the heavy and soldier it takes a bit longer. Soldiers can't even take down sentries if it has an engi behind it. For just wreaking havoc, any power class is good. Kritz uber is extremely useful when you need to take out a crowd. Any class is generally good with crits, but soldier and pyro make the best in my opinion.

10. Nearing the end of your uber, make sure of your exits. You will want to leave a second before the uber ends, so you can get away safely. Don't worry about your partner, he did his part, but a medic is always in need.

11. TO really unleash the uber, and if you have a little skill, uber two or even three patients. You can do this by simultaneously clicking one parter for a second, and then the other, and back and forth. This is EXTREMELY AWESOMELY FULL OF GREATNESS! If you are ubering a heavy, but a pyro runs along with you, give him a few seconds of uber. This will really throw off the enemy team, as they have to cope with 2 ubers. Just giving a few seconds of uber to anyone around is a big help.

12. Lastly to the patients/partners of medics, LOOK OUT FOR YOUR DOCTOR. If an enemy starts chasing after you doctor, help them out because your doctor cant really do anything. :)

Hope i help, and sorry if i misspelled anything.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Re: Medic Tips

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

ill just post mine in the same..
Awesomesauce did a good job covering everything, im just going to piggyback some of his ideas.

1. needle gun/ bluts aiming : you have to lead your shots ABOVE and AHEAD of where your target is going. you have 40 needles in a clip, and they go fast!

1a. against solo heavies: just as you would playing pyro, CIRCLE STRAFE them and keep shooting, when you reload strafe the opposite way and keep going until they are dead.

1b. against solo pyros: run backwards and make sure every shot hits, pyros are faster than medics so strafe around any possible corners or objects to give yourself more time to reload and aim.

2. While healing stay as far away as possible from your patient to keep from getting any splash damage they would be directed at them.

3. sometimes being a medic is impossible, no matter how good you are, you NEED YOUR PATIENT TO PROTECT YOU!!!

3a. communication with your teammates that you are actively healing IS A MUST!

4. A good medic is an alive medic. with that said:

4a. sometimes if things arent going so well, stay between the area of spawn and the front line and just overheal people as they are on their way to the area of battle.

4b. dont just follow one person around, keep your team alive. even if the players dont know what the hell is going on, they are a body on your team and something that will draw the fire from your other teammates.

Awesomesauce wrote: 10. Nearing the end of your uber, make sure of your exits. You will want to leave a second before the uber ends, so you can get away safely. Don't worry about your partner, he did his part, but a medic is always in need.
this i cant figure out with most medics. after their uber is finished they stick around and die. DIE.
just keep an eye on it when you are ubering your teammate. 2 seconds before it finishes tell them that we need to get out, and start to leave the area. if they dont follow you, thats their fault.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Re: Medic Tips

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Awesomesauce wrote:Can't survive as a medic for more than five seconds? Getting yelled at by your team for being a crappy medic?

WELL THEN THESE FEW TIPS ARE FOR YEH!

1. Go for the power classes such as Heavy, Soldier, Demo, and if your good, Pyro.

2. Keep moving at all times. Jump around or something, just don't stand still. I see this in alot of medic and they become exploding gibs in a few seconds. If you keep moving you are less vulnerable to spies and other enemies.

3. Look behind you when healing. I can't stress this enough. I've stabbed a clueless medic countless times, but failed with the smart ones. All you gotta do is look back once in a while and you'll be safe.

4. When your partner is dead, run don't fight. (Well unless your pissed.) Run away while shooting your Blutsauger (Or whatever). The Blutsauger is a fantastic weapon for a medic. Every hit heals you 3 health which makes it an ideal weapon for running away.

5. When shooting your AIDS coated needles aim a bit above your opponent, depending on how far away they will be. Since needles travel according to gravity and have an arc, it is essential to be accurate and aim above thier heads.

6. Stay away from your partner, Don't stand right next to him. If you stand close to your patient, you will be a much easier target for any attacking class. Try to stay a good distance away from your patient.

7. Basically 6. but with pyro's. When healing a pyro you have to pay attention to your distance at all times. Pyro's are a close range class, so they get alot of damage coming from all sides. Have to be extra careful when healing pyros.

8. Do not heal spies unless they need to be healed. With the new patch, spies get this glow around them when you heal them, making their disguises useless. And spies have feelings too. :(

9. Ubering. You have to pick the right class for the right situations. For sentries pick demos or pyros and sometimes heavys. Demo and pyros can obliterate sentries in seconds, while for the heavy and soldier it takes a bit longer. Soldiers can't even take down sentries if it has an engi behind it. FProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

just wreaking havoc, any power class is good. Kritz uber is extremely useful when you need to take out a crowd. Any class is generally good with crits, but soldier and pyro make the best in my opinion.

10. Nearing the end of your uber, make sure of your exits. You will want to leave a second before the uber ends, so you can get away safely. Don't worry about your partner, he did his part, but a medic is always in need.

11. TO really unleash the uber, and if you have a little skill, uber two or even three patients. You can do this by simultaneously clicking one parter for a second, and then the other, and back and forth. This is EXTREMELY AWESOMELY FULL OF GREATNESS! If you are ubering a heavy, but a pyro runs along with you, give him a few seconds of uber. This will really throw off the enemy team, as they have to cope with 2 ubers. Just giving a few seconds of uber to anyone around is a big help.

12. Lastly to the patients/partners of medics, LOOK OUT FOR YOUR DOCTOR. If an enemy starts chasing after you doctor, help them out because your doctor cant really do anything. :)

Hope i help, and sorry if i misspelled anything.
yay for grammer nazing :awesome:
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw