Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

t00bz's basic demoman tips

Tips and tricks for playing the Demoman class.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

t00bz's basic demoman tips

Unread post by t00bz »

now, i generally don't give advice much, in fact, this is my first tutorial thing
so go easy on the comments =)

WITH THE DEFAULT WEAPONS
when fighting a scout or spy, especially the scout, you either have to use stickies and if you can, the bottle, unless he's running straight at you, which some people do. some spies are a bit dodgy, although generally there isn't a big problem with spies for me, so just use the same concept for the spah

when fighting slower classes, just hail mary with the grenades, or if you're behind him, use the bottle. If it's a group and you're stuck by yourself, i'd just run in with grenades no matter how close, you're pretty dead anyways....

STICKYJUMPING
Black superman!
So, with stickyjumping, you can get to good places
such as, the other convoy in convoy, into the bridge or other fort in 2fort, and, uh...yeah
on any normal map, i personally use one sticky, but on jump maps and getting to the other convoy in convoy, use two
but be careful, you'll need max health for using two stickies.
the demoman does not have much health, make sure you can get health later or you can get a medic, unless you really really know what you're doing.

WITH EYELANDER AND CHARGIN' TARGE
with chargin targe and eyelander
take this out when someone gets too close, when they start backing away, you can either attempt to shield bash him for an achievement (does 20 or so damage) or you could try
to charge him and kill him with a crit sword

Only eyelander
don't bother chasing spies, pyros or scouts, you'll never catch up to them, plus the pyros could easily kill you.
with only the eyelander, i like sneaking up behind heavies or such, the fast are ok if you do this, just make sure they're a little damaged from a team mate first

SCOTTISH RESISTANCE
use it like the normal stickies, shoot and camp.
personally, i don't like stickyjumping with these, I seem to take more damage
when you want to detenate them but can't remember where they are, just point in random directions right-clicking