Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

rockyard

Discuss maps and model creation and ideas.
shadowfax

rockyard

Unread post by shadowfax »

Hi calculated chaos community. I am looking for some feedback on my map rockyard. The beta2 version is on the server and received a decent score from your community. Recently the beta3 version was added. So far its score has been lower.

I am hoping to get some direct constructive criticism to improve this map. For those that gave it a high score, tell me what you liked about it, for those that gave it a low score tell me what turned you off about it. Please don't be afraid to tell me what you think, but try and offer ways to improve, so if you think it "sucks" I don't mind if you tell me that, as long as you tell me what sucks about it and suggest how to fix it. Likewise if you like it don't just say its "great" tell me what was great about it.

Also, I am going to try and work out a time to hop in the server to test it out with you guys so I can get some firsthand feedback. Thanks again.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: rockyard

Unread post by Beetle »

I think the middle is pure bottleneck. Last night when we were playing it 99% of the fight was 1 team on the middle, the other constantly opening their base door to shoot out of then closing it again.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Now that it is clear which way that you should go to get to the middle, people overlook the water tunnels. The run time to the middle point is pretty long. I suppose this wouldn't be too difficult to handle with teleporters.

I think you should open up one of the upper windows so that anyone can get out of it instead of it just being a sniper deck.

To me, this seems to be the kind of map that needs to be played a bunch before people get it. I got it down but I have probably played it more than anyone else on the server.
shadowfax

Unread post by shadowfax »

Thanks. I had a feeling the water route might be too long as it was played more. The runtime for the main route is the same as well and granary, but the water way is definitely longer. I think I am going to add an additional non-water route to the middle as well as shorten the water route. I'll also experiment with allowing people to drop out of the sniper deck instead of just having windows.