Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Can Anybody Offer some Constructive Criticism?

Discuss maps and model creation and ideas.
John Failman

Can Anybody Offer some Constructive Criticism?

Unread post by John Failman »

I recently made a map with Medieval Mode and Arena. So it's like Melee, except the sniper and medic got their primary weapons and there are a few more weapons allowed.

Anyway, I made it very crowded to put the Snipers and Medics, who had an advantage, at a disadvantage. There's a capture point in the middle.

Anyway, I want to ask if anyone can download it, decide their feelings about it, and maybe offer some criticism, fixes, and ideas for the next version?

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/158482
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Re: Can Anybody Offer some Constructive Criticism?

Unread post by Original »

I looked at the pics at fpsbananer.

Just seems really crowded which imo wouldn't be that much fun.

I used to hate melee but lately I've been playing a lot of degroot and am getting 6to1 kill ratio, lol.
And I like to back away, size up my opponent, strafe back and forth, plan the attack.

If you're stuck in between a bunch of pillar you'll back up, hit a wall, get killed, etc.. Might be chaotic, but fun???

Also, those pillars just make a bunch of tight hallways, so snipers are gonna have a hayday just spamming arrows down the thin little path players have to follow. So maybe they can't get far away but funnelling players through little gaps just makes it easier to shoot them.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
John Failman

Re: Can Anybody Offer some Constructive Criticism?

Unread post by John Failman »

Original wrote:I looked at the pics at fpsbananer.

Just seems really crowded which imo wouldn't be that much fun.

I used to hate melee but lately I've been playing a lot of degroot and am getting 6to1 kill ratio, lol.
And I like to back away, size up my opponent, strafe back and forth, plan the attack.

If you're stuck in between a bunch of pillar you'll back up, hit a wall, get killed, etc.. Might be chaotic, but fun???

Also, those pillars just make a bunch of tight hallways, so snipers are gonna have a hayday just spamming arrows down the thin little path players have to follow. So maybe they can't get far away but funnelling players through little gaps just makes it easier to shoot them.
Intentionally crowded, but I see your point. :negative: