Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

DJ THURSDAY

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

DJ THURSDAY

Unread post by Thursday »

Heya folks!

I dunno if you were hanging around the main server last night/this morning, but I was playing a shitton of Halloween music with some rock and instrumental songs thrown in there by request.

Now, I dunno how exactly it went over because I didn't have my in-game sounds going on, but it seemed like everyone was having a good time while listening to music and playing maps.

Now, as I'm open most Friday nights after 10-ish, I'd love to do something like this again. It was a bunch of fun for me and the people rocking/dancing out to Thriller and such.

So, how about it?
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Re: DJ THURSDAY

Unread post by Toastyking »

we need this event every friday, we had a hell of a lot of people on, and I loved thriller dance.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Later at night people typically don't mind music being played over the mic. I'm not a huge fan because usually music played this way sounds pretty terrible, but I know most people don't mind. If you wanted to come in every Friday and be DJ Thursday, that's fine with me. I can easily change the regular server to allow music streaming for stuff like this.

If anyone wants to be DJ for a day, all I ask is that you be respectful of what people want. Ask everyone if it is okay and if a few people start asking you to stop, please do.

I did some quick searching for music plugins that could possibly be added to the server and I found a couple that we might be interested in.

There is one that would play music to players before round start and while they are dead. There is another that works like the radio plugin except it uses MP3s hosted on a web server. If this was the case, I could easily make it so that anyone can upload music to the web sever.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

i like this idear. :D
it was fun last night lol
~Mai Husbando~
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Love this idea, also.

Thursday was playing the music with mic spam "disabled" because he was just streaming it through his mic input (and thus wasn't able to talk or hear anybody). That MP3 plugin looks like it would work very nicely as long as you wouldn't have to download anything.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

captainangry wrote:Later at night people typically don't mind music being played over the mic. I'm not a huge fan because usually music played this way sounds pretty terrible, but I know most people don't mind. If you wanted to come in every Friday and be DJ Thursday, that's fine with me. I can easily change the regular server to allow music streaming for stuff like this.

If anyone wants to be DJ for a day, all I ask is that you be respectful of what people want. Ask everyone if it is okay and if a few people start asking you to stop, please do.

I did some quick searching for music plugins that could possibly be added to the server and I found a couple that we might be interested in.

There is one that would play music to players before round start and while they are dead. There is another that works like the radio plugin except it uses MP3s hosted on a web server. If this was the case, I could easily make it so that anyone can upload music to the web sever.
DO IT
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Divine Fate wrote:Love this idea, also.

Thursday was playing the music with mic spam "disabled" because he was just streaming it through his mic input (and thus wasn't able to talk or hear anybody). That MP3 plugin looks like it would work very nicely as long as you wouldn't have to download anything.
The one that plays music on death and round end has a setting to download one song per map change. The other one streams it from the website so there are no downloads at all.