Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

So, how does this go?

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
Daedalus

So, how does this go?

Unread post by Daedalus »

On ctf_1fort today, red team decided they wanted to mess around in their intel room and glitch teleporters to stack people. They then ordered blue team to stay back and not interfere. Meanwhile, the ones on red team that aren't messing around are trying to cap the blue flag. I'm on the blue team and I'm trying to get red flag but after firing a few rockets at them one of the admins booted me. So I want to know, is this a TF2 server? It seemed like those on the red team confused this game with GMod.

divine fate, riftoff, and aero were the cC members I remember who were on (i know it wasn't aero cause i asked him about it immediately)
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: So, how does this go?

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Heh, I knew you'd be on here about this. Yes, the whole thing was a load of bull on reflection, but people were having fun with said bull and you were disrupting it. People were fed up with it and they kicked you. Yes, it was pretty stupid granted, but keep in mind we're not a SGT Serious TF2 server. So, expect the occasional tom foolery ;)
Daedalus

I would've had no problem if you were messing around elsewhere, but when you do that in the flagroom, set up 4 sentry guns and then order the other team to essentially sit on their hands while your team is able to do whatever they want (fool around or cap intel) that's going way too far.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

True, but it was the way that the window sill was placed in the map in the intel room that allowed the glitch in the 1st place. And they set up those SGs because we kept on killing them. Anyway, it was just a kick, so may be best to just forget it and leave every time 1fort comes on.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Unread post by Thursday »

Just pointing out: would have gone faster if you wouldn't have camped outside the room and repeatedly blown everyone up, even after we asked you to stop because we were about to take the picture.

Y'know. Just saying.
Daedalus

I actually made it to the room only a handful of times, actually shot rockets in about 3 times. Also, were you guys taking 500 pictures? I remember hearing excalibur saying he had taken it well before I got kicked.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

If it's a problem of a map exploit the map will probably need to be removed from the server until it is fixed. I'll have to check it out myself.

I know that Daedalus doesn't have a problem leaving when he doesn't like something so for him to come here and complain, something that happened shouldn't have. Fun is fun but if one team is allowed to play while the other team is not it doesn't sound fun to me.

It's a shame that this is what it took to get Daedalus on the forums.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Unread post by Thursday »

Daedalus wrote:I actually made it to the room only a handful of times, actually shot rockets in about 3 times. Also, were you guys taking 500 pictures? I remember hearing excalibur saying he had taken it well before I got kicked.
We were trying to get our entire team in the room - we were close to doing that the first time you came in and decided to blow us up.

The next three times were just overkill. You, instead of leaving and finding something else to do, decided to troll.
Daedalus

You and your team's actions and words definately did not make it sound like you would be finished if your entire team was in the room. In case you didn't know, when excalibur had taken that SS and you were all talking about him converting the image and posting it, I was still on the blue team's side of the map. You guys had gone way past "just a picture" to "LOLZ everyone is stacked on top of each other lets see how long this can stay." I'm going to stop posting about this topic now before someone says something they regret.

And captainangry, I'm sorry my first post on these forums had to be about something like this.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'll get on the server to check out the possible exploit sometime soon. I updated the ratings and it got into our regular rotation so I removed it from the play test list.

It sounds like it won't be an issue in the future as soon as excalibur posts the pics anyway.

Thread locked.