Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Easier way to navigate map nominations?

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Easier way to navigate map nominations?

Unread post by Original »

I've heard people state there are too many maps, or it seems to be an issue when nominating. Not so much having too many choices imo but navigating them.

I've never looked into server stuff too much so I don't know if there is anything like this. I just thought it might be cool if there was, plus I'm bored at work so...

Is there some kind of nominate mod that allows a skip per map type.

ie:
nominate
list starts with arena but you want to play PL.

So you hit tab and it skips from arena to cp I guess. Another tab you go to ctf...

Or maybe nominate would lead to a menu:
1:arena
2:cp
3:ctf
4:koth

Sometimes it just takes so long in game to flip through the list and find the map you want.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Easier way to navigate map nominations?

Unread post by captainAngry »

All of the nomination stuff is handled by the core of sourcemod.

To be fair, I do make sure to alphabetize everything in the map list because if I didn't, shit would be impossible to find in the list :D

I did a quick search for something that modifies this but I didn't find anything. The part of the code that does this just pages through mapslist.cfg

If I remember correctly, changing the map from the admin panel is even worse because that pulls every map from the server, including old versions.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Re: Easier way to navigate map nominations?

Unread post by Original »

that's cool. just something I thought of but wasn't sure if it was possible.

I may try to bring it up with the source mod guys (whoever they are). Would be nice to have sections.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing