Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Stock Server Improvements

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Stock Server Improvements

Unread post by captainAngry »

I am working on making improvements to the stock server to get it populated once again. If I can get people on there more consistently, I think I will start adding more (good) custom maps and add some plugins I have been against in the past (quake sounds anyone)?

If anyone has any ideas, or is against anything I'm talking about, I would like to hear about it.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Re: Stock Server Improvements

Unread post by giggles »

yay custom maps.
i hope theres a list so i can joyfully download them and manually place them in my maps folder! ... ¬_¬ stupid macs.
~Mai Husbando~
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Get the good custom maps that are popular that might as well be official already back on the rotation like:

cashworks
swiftwater
aqua
beetle
etc
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Denzo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29304396

Unread post by Denzo »

Oh god, be careful with quake sounds. I've experienced a bug where they never stop playing.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

Beetle wrote:Get the good custom maps that are popular that might as well be official already back on the rotation like:

cashworks
swiftwater
aqua
beetle
etc
tumblr_lw4m8aebvP1qbch0o.gif
tumblr_lw4m8aebvP1qbch0o.gif (24.63 KiB) Viewed 6662 times
lol kidding. i dont even remember the map really xD
~Mai Husbando~
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I am going to add this (QuakeSounds): http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=817993

By default, it will only play the sounds and show the text to the affected players (config 54) and users have the ability to disable it if they would like to. The sounds will match what the stats tracker uses for kill streaks.

I am also open to customizing the sounds to something other than quake sounds. The plugin has the ability to have multiple sound packs with a client preference for which one they want to hear.
giggles wrote:yay custom maps.
i hope theres a list so i can joyfully download them and manually place them in my maps folder! ... ¬_¬ stupid macs.
I can always give you the list giggles. I just have to do it for a certain time period or add your IP address to the pool, because I can't open it up for everyone to download from (or our host would make me remove them).
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

giggles wrote:
Beetle wrote:Get the good custom maps that are popular that might as well be official already back on the rotation like:

cashworks
swiftwater
aqua
beetle
etc
I was kidding myself, just threw it in there to see if anyone was paying attention. I'm totally serious otherwise. FYI cp_beetle isn't that bad, it's just stalematey....like all 5 cp maps.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Beetle wrote:
giggles wrote:

cashworks
swiftwater
aqua
beetle
etc
I was kidding myself, just threw it in there to see if anyone was paying attention. I'm totally serious otherwise. FYI cp_beetle isn't that bad, it's just stalematey....like all 5 cp maps.
I though cp_Beetle was A/D... No wait, that's cp_Original. Haven't played cp_Beetle in ages, I should probably fix downloading custom maps one of these days. Or resort to manually installing all the ones played often.
Life is whatever.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

cp_beetle was the one that was a "skinny" 5CP map. It had the wooden platform in the middle with logs jutting upward....and a bunch of stairs.