Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

ATTN ADMINS about setting the gravity

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

ATTN ADMINS about setting the gravity

Unread post by Beetle »

Quote from another admin with a server I used to play with:
Just thought I'd let the other admins other than ****** know that setting the server gravity high or low affects all demomen attacks for the entire round AND FOR THE ROUND FOLLOWING! (***** sort of just found out about this last game.) We had a round of Badwater "ruined" for offense because demomen were next to useless after setting the grav super high in [some random map] and they couldn't kill sentry guns.

To get by this problem, make sure to reset the server grav universally BACK to default settings BEFORE the next map is loaded.

I'm unaware if this affects people who've had their gravity changed on an individual basis, but I know for certain it happens on a server-wide basis.

Just figured I'd let you guys know about this so that it doesn't become an issue in the future.

A KNOWN FIX: Reset gravity to normal (800) and then force a map change. It will solve all your ills.
Just letting you guys know. I just starred out the person's name because its really irrelevant.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Re: ATTN ADMINS about setting the gravity

Unread post by bluephyr »

Sounds like this guy knew what he was doing :woop:
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: ATTN ADMINS about setting the gravity

Unread post by captainAngry »

I actually made it one step easier. When you are on a map and the round ends, trying to quickly reset the gravity before the next map is almost impossible. Because of this, the gravity is reset whenever a new map loads. This doesn't solve the problem in and of itself since there is no way to change the gravity before the map changes.

If people (demo's mosty) complain about it, all you have to do is reload the map since gravity is already reset.