Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Can't download at school.

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Can't download at school.

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

ive noticed that when im at school and want to play tf2 (dont ask how i play at school :) ) none of the maps that i dont have already download. ive found out that my school blocks the server that the maps are on. is there a way this can be changed like switch the ip group to something other than "GAMES"?
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Can't download at school.

Unread post by captainAngry »

The download site is http://gaming.calculatedchaos.com/tf/maps.

I have it setup to only allow connections from the game server on the game port to try an limit people from hitting my server and downloading all the maps. I already serve 100GB+ worth of maps in a good month.

I don't know how your school would be blocking it since it looks like any old folder on a website. If I could figure out how to fix it for you i would but I don't know how I am going to be able to narrow it down since I can't access your schools proxy. Any of you network admins want to give me some help?
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

highly dought it since my teacher yells at me when he walks in on me playing games. i dont know how a proxy would integrate with tf2? its weird cuz i can get to this website
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
steiner949
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7276060

Unread post by steiner949 »

I have a similar issue at work, where-in I can access this site and tf2.com but not l4d.com or any other "Game" website.
Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it.