Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Adjusting Admin Levels

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Adjusting Admin Levels

Unread post by captainAngry »

I have been thinking of adjusting some of the admin groups again. I am going to create a lower admin level for either new people or people who have been abusing their admin powers a bit. The other thing I am considering is making it so that admins can not do anything to other admins.

Personally, I don't mind a little slap now and again but I have started to notice that admins (including myself) have turned some rounds into admin power matches. I don't think that this is exactly conducive to a friendly environment for outsiders. I'll wait a few days before I take action on my thoughts for people to tell me what they think.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: Adjusting Admin Levels

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

We could just have some time devoted to admin battles and disable the silly admin powers in a normal game to prevent abuse.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

MrKerplunkers wrote:We could just have some time devoted to admin battles and disable the silly admin powers in a normal game to prevent abuse.
but the silly ones are the best and if you mean make the lower level so admins that have been abusing there power can't hurt other admins then that sounds ok :D but its hurting other admins thats so fun because they can hurt back :D
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

captainangry wrote: The other thing I am considering is making it so that admins can not do anything to other admins.

Personally, I don't mind a little slap now and again but I have started to notice that admins (including myself) have turned some rounds into admin power matches. I don't think that this is exactly conducive to a friendly environment for outsiders. I'll wait a few days before I take action on my thoughts for people to tell me what they think.

that might be ok but i am usually the 1 that stops gypsy's noclip killing bye slay or other means. if he is just noclipping and not killing any1 i dont really care, but if he kills i kill him 1 way or another. if u stop me from doing this gypsy could go on a rampage without any repercussions to him.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I am working on getting rid of no clip entirely. I haven't had the time to test it but I should tomorrow am or tonight. That will solve that problem.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

kk good it is annoying sometimes but other times it is fun to just see the map and any hidden parts.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(