Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Updated Map Ratings Page

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Updated Map Ratings Page

Unread post by captainAngry »

I have updated the page that shows all of the map ratings on our server. You can see the ratings by clicking on the link in the top navigation of the forum or by going to this link: http://gaming.calculatedchaos.com/ratings/

I recoded all of the XHTML and CSS from scratch, made the page more search engine optimized and color coded the maps so that you can quickly distingush between the shitty maps and the good maps. By default, all of the green maps are the maps that are on our regular rotation.

Part of this update was to help me generate map lists and to hide some of the maps that are broken but still have ratings. There is a way for me to change the page to make the green maps the playTest maps so I can quickly make play test map lists. I was originally going to have it show everything at once, (regular rotation maps, play test maps and bad maps) but since there is some overlap between regular rotation maps and play test maps, it is less confusing to just show two colors. Plus, no one but me really cares about what maps need to go on the play test map list.

If there is some kind of interest in being able to see the play test maps, I could work out a way to change between the two but I didn't know where it should go on the page so I decided to leave it as an easter egg of sorts.

Anyway, I am hoping TF2 maps or other people will get some use out of our map ratings. To date we have collected over 3800 ratings on over 120 maps, many of which have more ratings than they have on FPS banana. That is nothing to take lightly.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Captain