Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

cC Community Reclaimed Discussion

Announcements for our community.
Noah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38118709

cC Community Reclaimed Discussion

Unread post by Noah »

Hello all! Big plans ahead.
We have been discussing the ideas contained in this doc for a while now, please take a look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wno ... sp=sharing

Please post any comments and or questions below.

Edit 1: Follow the announcements channel in discord for future updates~
Last edited by Noah on 04 Apr 2016, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

Re: cC Community Reclaimed Discussion

Unread post by Zora »

I ran the cC minecraft server for a while (I think it still has its own forum section...), and it experienced a brief spark of life, but steadily fizzled out. If cC ever did pursue mc again, I suspect the same will happen.

That being said, I think my dedicated server is still active, so if you guys want an mc server, I can do that.

I would make cC its minecraft server though, as last time I tried to mix you all in with my server community you guys clashed rather dramatically.
Twister
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23285097

Unread post by Twister »

Looks like a very nice plan, If you need any other help with planning/execution feel free to let me know.

I'm excited to see where TF2 competitive mode goes, and maybe we can reboot our competitive team in the future.
Noah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38118709

Unread post by Noah »

Zora wrote:I ran the cC minecraft server for a while (I think it still has its own forum section...), and it experienced a brief spark of life, but steadily fizzled out. If cC ever did pursue mc again, I suspect the same will happen.

That being said, I think my dedicated server is still active, so if you guys want an mc server, I can do that.

I would make cC its minecraft server though, as last time I tried to mix you all in with my server community you guys clashed rather dramatically.
I think you should definitely be the head of that again. If we have a cc mc server, you should be the only say so on what happens to it. Multiple head admins just create too much friction. And that would be a great way to connect your members to the community if you wanted.
Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

Unread post by Zora »

Noah wrote:I think you should definitely be the head of that again. If we have a cc mc server, you should be the only say so on what happens to it. Multiple head admins just create too much friction. And that would be a great way to connect your members to the community if you wanted.
My community has changed a lot since then, and is sort of an oddity. My server has become a quiet place now, devoid of interaction. I would think that my server is dead, but sure enough, there's traces of subtle activity in the logs. My members like it that way, hence why I would make a separate server for cC.

cC also has a pretty different philosophy for minecraft than my community. From my experience, cC has been all about the pvp and offense, while my community has been historically about peace and quiet.
Bear
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16546260

Unread post by Bear »

As y'all know, I've been a member of cC for a long time. TF2 is my primary game, and cC is my primary server. Having said that, even I'm guilty of being absent for awhile. While it's exciting that cC is planning on branching out into new games, I probably won't be spending much time playing on any cC off-shoot servers. I DO, however, plan on being more active in the TF2 part of the community.

I have the ability to log on nightly (almost), as I have no school etc., so if there is anything that I can do during off-peak hours on the server, I'm in.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Zora wrote:I ran the cC minecraft server for a while (I think it still has its own forum section...), and it experienced a brief spark of life, but steadily fizzled out. If cC ever did pursue mc again, I suspect the same will happen.

Those were good times
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

In the event that cC minecraft again becomes a thing I like the idea of using Zora's server the most. This is in part because it has, at least historically, attracted numerous players who are not associated with cC, or at least not the centum of the community, yet also because it is, iirc, not a public server and the only people who can play on it are people who have been given the IP. From my experience playing on various MC servers, this setup has been remarkably good at keeping dedicated griefers and other invasive elements out, and at the same time promotes a theoretically sizable player base involving at least two distinct communities coming into regular contact with each other. Having two or even three or more distinct cC Minecraft servers run by different people, as we have had in the past, is by definition counterproductive to keeping any one of them alive when you take into account the comparatively small number of people in cC who play Minecraft on an even semi-regular basis. I myself haven't touched the game in over a year and generally only play it in doses.

As for Zora's idea that there be two different servers, I'm all for that too although to be honest I prefer playing the game on servers with other people and not all by myself.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

Zora wrote:
I ran the cC minecraft server for a while (I think it still has its own forum section...), and it experienced a brief spark of life, but steadily fizzled out. If cC ever did pursue mc again, I suspect the same will happen.

I forget, was yours the one that was the server with the FTB mod, or naw?

I want to give Minecraft another spin, However I did recall regretting the fact that I invest a lot of time into building and mining shit, and then that progress gets lost from a map reset because an update or something. Damn that game gave so many good memories but also so many bad.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Ur all gay lmao