Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Community Improvements. Input is NEEDED!

Announcements for our community.
katattackk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:32626631

Community Improvements. Input is NEEDED!

Unread post by katattackk »

so. uh. we all talked about wanting to bring aspects of the community back and things to improve and what not. im done with school. for good. on saturday. so i will absolutely have the time to put into this. but like. what would you guys like to see change? are people still interested in this? do we still want to revamp the forums? or do we want to kill them off? do we want a more active steam page? how are we feeling admin wise? map wise?
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Re: Community Improvements. Input is NEEDED!

Unread post by FierySnake »

I think keeping the forums is good because some people don't want to use Facebook and it allows a better discussion table for different topics than Facebook.

Admin wise, I think we might need more people admin since some old folks havn't been online in decades. I don't play TF2 anymore so I can' t say anything map wise.

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
~Wolfy~
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29503215
Xbox Gamer Tag: WolfyThePwn3r

Unread post by ~Wolfy~ »

To be honest, I can't really say. I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now, aside from the funServer consistently being dead. I'll try to invite some friends and start a few games to spark interest in joining, I guess. I never expected the community to become this inactive though, and I wonder what caused all this.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

~Wolfy~ wrote:To be honest, I can't really say. I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now, aside from the funServer consistently being dead. I'll try to invite some friends and start a few games to spark interest in joining, I guess. I never expected the community to become this inactive though, and I wonder what caused all this.
Most of the old veterans just died out one by one without leaving anyone to replace them, while those of us that are still left are just too stubborn to go anywhere else.
Fruitcakes
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29212825

Unread post by Fruitcakes »

I took a year long break, so I'm a bit late to this topic? Nonetheless, this server holds important memories to me, and I would definitely like to see it reach playable levels again. I do think there are some measures we could all take to promote the rebirth of the server.

1. Organize a specific time for everybody to get on at once.
- This one's tough, given time zones and employment, but important. Since it's so dead, one person can't log on and wait for the server to build up slowly. If we tried to find a good, several hour time frame, where we all log in and try to get it going, then we'll have a pretty good start.

2. Advertisement
- The demand for a community is high on TF2. As fun as it is to play on a permanently populated server with an influx of randoms, it's amazing to have inside jokes, friends and a semblance of overall participation when choosing a server to play on. cC already has loads of good players who know each other and enjoy playing with each other, so it's a matter of inviting other people to the party.

3. Utilize the group correctly.
- A lot of former members still use steam, and still play source games, and some even still log onto TF2. I feel like people are accustomed to ignoring the announcements to populate unpopulated servers. In combination with item 1 of this list, inviting former players could serve as a spark to their interest.

It's obviously going to be a challenge, given the state of the server at the moment. If you guys are up to the task, I'd definitely be willing to help. I miss this server more than I'd like to admit, and the inactivity hurts my soul. If anyone ends up putting any of these together, shoot me an invite.

EDIT: After looking at this post after two days, I'd also like to remind you guys that the introduction section hasn't been posted in for almost a full year now. Attracting newer people to the community is harder with the inactivity from administration, and when nobody's putting the calculated chaos name out there.
iFonefox

Unread post by iFonefox »

Does anyone still play on the server? I used to about 5 years ago, but then I stopped playing TF2.
katattackk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:32626631

Unread post by katattackk »

not really unless we set up events, which i just set one up for tonight at 8pm central time. the best way to keep up with events n shit is to be on the steam group page found here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/calculatedCha0s as well as join our facebook page founddd https://www.facebook.com/groups/294213624512/ right there.