Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Improving calculatedChaos

Announcements for our community.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Re: Improving calculatedChaos

Unread post by krubby »

I think our first priority by far is making it so that people can sign up on the forum again.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

I should also note that even though Captain came back and played on the server last night, I'm pretty sure he hasn't visited the forums in about a month and therefore hasn't yet even seen most of the stuff written on this thread.
katattackk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:32626631

Unread post by katattackk »

he did say hed come fix the sign up registering business thingamajig though
katattackk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

OKAY GUYS. so. i got captains email to talk to him about this map testing day business. The only problem I am running in to is that Flaming has been busy with school so hes not going to be able to add the maps for these map testing days. And I'm not sure who we can stick in charge. help. please.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

katattackk wrote:OKAY GUYS. so. i got captains email to talk to him about this map testing day business. The only problem I am running in to is that Flaming has been busy with school so hes not going to be able to add the maps for these map testing days. And I'm not sure who we can stick in charge. help. please.
Is there anyone still around who's competent with programming that we could put in charge?
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I'm fairly certain Beetle is competent with these kinds of things, and he was even on the server yesterday, but nothing can happen while Flamin is too busy unless Captain either takes action himself or finds someone else who's willing and able to do it at this time.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

_Pipeline wrote:I'm fairly certain Beetle is competent with these kinds of things, and he was even on the server yesterday, but nothing can happen while Flamin is too busy unless Captain either takes action himself or finds someone else who's willing and able to do it at this time.
I agree with your statement that the server needs more koth_montag.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Beetle wrote:
_Pipeline wrote:I'm fairly certain Beetle is competent with these kinds of things, and he was even on the server yesterday, but nothing can happen while Flamin is too busy unless Captain either takes action himself or finds someone else who's willing and able to do it at this time.
I agree with your statement that the server needs more koth_montag.
Koth_montag_HD
Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

Unread post by Zora »

krubby wrote:
katattackk wrote:OKAY GUYS. so. i got captains email to talk to him about this map testing day business. The only problem I am running in to is that Flaming has been busy with school so hes not going to be able to add the maps for these map testing days. And I'm not sure who we can stick in charge. help. please.
Is there anyone still around who's competent with programming that we could put in charge?
What does programming competence have to do with adding maps? From my experiences it's just uploading the file to the correct directory and adding the names to the right text files. I think the issue would be more about who's trustworthy than who's skilled.
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Unread post by the asylum »

just in case the forums shit themselves again
katattackk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

okay guys. after talking to a LARGE amount of admins, (or at least the ones who are still active, which i ended up speaking to 15 or 20 of you), I came out with Haun and TgameP being at the top of the list of admins were okay with adding maps. I'll wait untli wednesday night to email captain, but how are we feeling about this? if you dont feel like posting, shoot me a message on steam, or if i somehow managed to miss you, youre more than welcome to message me on steam.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

Sounds good.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

sounds good. sorry I didn't want to suggest myself, I just cannot promise I'm going to stay as active as I've been the past week.
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

Does this mean Haun will finally get high admin?
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Probably, but this is dealing specifically with the ability to add maps, which I don't think, at least in theory, is tied to whether someone has low or high admin.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

To be honest, I don't think it means anything really. It's never truly been up to the majority anyway.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

Needs Moar Tomm
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Try remembering your lost account's password.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

I think that the first person to get high admin should be Kat for everything she's doing for cC.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

For now, let's just focus on the map issue and fixing the new user registration page.
katattackk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

so i did shoot captain an email that wednesday like i said i would, i dont remember the date though (sorry), i never heard back, so im not sure if this is gonna end up being a thing or not :\ sorry guys. i tried.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Even if Captain takes his time, or rather, just plain has no time, that doesn't mean anything is over.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

There's some fb stuff going on right now
Last edited by Haunwulf on 24 Feb 2021, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Adding maps is complicated because of the download server. You have to compile the maps and make sure you add them to both the game server and map server correctly.

If someone wants to do this and knows how to do this, we can figure something out, but they need to take responsibility for it and be able to fix issues when people can't download a map (which prevents people from joining the server).

The admin issue was completely my bad. The server keeps changing the hostname it uses to connect to the database and load the new admins. Every time this happens, I have to add access for that hostname to connect so that it can load admins. Flamin told me about that a while ago, pretty much as soon as he knew about it, and I completely spaced fixing it until today. Because of how that part is managed, I am the only person who is able to fix stuff like that, and it shouldn't have taken me so long.

That's all I have for now.

-Captain
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Unread post by the asylum »

Forgive my extreme ignorance, but the handful of times I ran my own servers (and my own dl site), all I had to do to add new maps was pretty much copypasta the bsp to the game server and the .bz2 to the dl server- nothing I found too overly complicated. Or is the forum and the game server being the same make this a different ballgame?

I'm like a trained monkey in this regard- anything outside of what's been taught to me is like something completely alien to me.
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

Well I'm assuming that since the server is running sourcemod, the maps would probably need to be added to some lists for them to be recognized and added to nomination/admin map changing. Also, the server is probably headless, and would require a bit of command line experience in whatever OS it's running.
Indeed.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

Does anyone know how the chatbox came back?
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Captain fixed it.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

Hooray for Cap. Apparently voting still isn't fixed yet. Dunno about signing up yet.

EDIT: I just noticed that the most messages that the chatbox remembers at one time is 10. It remembers more if you stay on the page, but if you refresh it'll show the last 10 as opposed to the last 50-75 or something like that which it was before. There's probably some setting you can change for it.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

I think what we need now of all things is to set sv_use_steam_voice to 0 on the funserver.
I miss this server being a micspam server ;-;