Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Improving calculatedChaos

Announcements for our community.
Kriegsmarine
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22107167

Re: Improving calculatedChaos

Unread post by Kriegsmarine »

krubby wrote: I think that people like Haun, Zarik, and _Pipeline would be good for something like that.
You're joking, right man?

I wouldn't give high admin to myself, but I think if there's a vote on this, I'd go Kat, LaN, Scrambles (because he barely uses admin now anyway) and maybe Gypsy, because he's a cool dude who doesn't afraid of anything.

Not saying it would ever happen because High Admin is reserved for the "Last Members of the Elder Clan" so the only logical choice would be to convince people like Baby Blue to get back on the server more than once a year.
Doke doke doke ushiro metai yatsu wa doke
Psither
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32553346

Unread post by Psither »

Scrambles is a worse admin than Haun was. Give him access to anything even remotely dangerous, and the server will have more downtime than uptime.
ImageImage
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I don't see why Haun shouldn't be given high admin on the funserver. He wastes away in there for hours on end most days, and he's never done anything stupid on it as far back as I can recall. Well, nothing bad I don't condone, anyway. Intentionally switching to a terrible mario like gridfloor because people are whining, I condone. But I stopped playing TF2 for a whole year, so maybe he has an evil side I'm not aware of. I have one.

If Lan doesn't have high admin there, give it to him. He spends about as much time there as Haun.

(A master has to vouch for his student when he's ready)
Life is whatever.
the asylum
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17799965

Unread post by the asylum »

You could always give me admin

... stop laughing
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

the asylum wrote:You could always give me admin
And thus, everyone who did not praise the glory that is meleefort was banned. So ends the saga of the funserver.
Life is whatever.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

Kriegsmarine wrote:
krubby wrote: I think that people like Haun, Zarik, and _Pipeline would be good for something like that.

I wouldn't give high admin to myself, but I think if there's a vote on this, I'd go Kat, LaN, Scrambles (because he barely uses admin now anyway) and maybe Gypsy, because he's a cool dude who doesn't afraid of anything.

Not saying it would ever happen because High Admin is reserved for the "Last Members of the Elder Clan" so the only logical choice would be to convince people like Baby Blue to get back on the server more than once a year.
I'm talking about people that would use their powers so we could do fun stuff. Admin abuse is granted, but most funserver regulars don't mind. I remember being a generic funserver noobie and finding the admin abuse hilarious.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Kriegsmarine

I'm just concerned with the literal death of everything if we give anyone except the elder gods high admin.

Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

Psither wrote:Scrambles is a worse admin than Haun was. Give him access to anything even remotely dangerous, and the server will have more downtime than uptime.
Says the person who, if trusted with admin, would ban everyone who uses a weapon he doesn't like in a game about yucks
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

Try not to flame in this thread. plz

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Unread post by Fireproof »

Maybe we could do a return of the return of the pizza tradition?
ImageImage
HybridPuppy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22109745

Unread post by HybridPuppy »

I know I haven't been around a lot lately. In fact I come and go like once every 6 months.
I think this is partly due to it just being TF2. I loved TF2, but it's a little tired out these days.
I know this has been said, but I would love for there to be a branching out.
Hell, I remember CC Gaming Night, where we would play random ass shit like flying pigs and whatever. It was fun as hell and probably the most fun I had had in a while.
Yeah.
Signatures are dumb.
FierySnake

HybridPuppy wrote:I know I haven't been around a lot lately. In fact I come and go like once every 6 months.
I think this is partly due to it just being TF2. I loved TF2, but it's a little tired out these days.
Hell, I remember CC Gaming Night, where we would play random ass shit like flying pigs and whatever. It was fun as hell and probably the most fun I had had in a while.
Yeah.
I do agree that we should restart the game night. Playing OMGPOP games and shellshock with the group is fun.

Kriegsmarine

FierySnake wrote:
HybridPuppy wrote:I know I haven't been around a lot lately. In fact I come and go like once every 6 months.
Yeah.
I do agree that we should restart the game night. Playing OMGPOP games and shellshock with the group is fun.
I'd love to but OMGpop will be dead within the month due to reasons and will never return.
FierySnake

Well according to their announcement, it won't affect Draw My Thing, which is pretty much the only game that we play on OMGPOP.

Besides that, it doesn't have to be a game on the internet. It can LoL, DotA 2, etc.

scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

Fireproof wrote:Maybe we could do a return of the return of the pizza tradition?
this. Also i know i haven't been on much, ive been too busy working a part time job and a full time job and realy want to get back into tf2 more. Because i still love that game. ALso joined a larp group (yeah yeah, go ahead and laugh but ill kick your ass in a sword fight). But i am having trouble with the funserver in that when i try and download all the newer maps, it just gives me an error saying i haven't downloaded that map. I do try and help maintain some peace when im on the funserver, and have tried to get the main server going plenty of times with varying results. And i get called into the funserver every now and then when there isn't an admin on, to "take out the trash" as it were. to the best of my abilities seeing as how im just a low admin on the funserver. Also i think something might be wrong in the admin spray department of the admin menu, unless i dont have access to that as a low admin..
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

Also we aren't just a tf2 communtiy, we also have mine craft kinda..
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

Renegade's server had something happening from what I heard, can't really remember the details. I couldn't really stand playing on his because of all the mods to be honest. Zora's server was okay, probably just stopped feeling like going there because not many others I know play there anymore.
Also, anyone know how to disable the chatbox on minecraft? Heh.
I totally don't dislike certain people. noep.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Kriegsmarine wrote:

Out of everyone, Haun and LaN should definitely have high admin access. As for me, well, I play on the server often enough (albeit not as much as Scrambles, Kat or Haun) but I'm fairly certain most people consider me just plain unlikeable even when I'm not rambling ironically about stupid shit on my mic. :sax:
Fireproof wrote:Maybe we could do a return of the return of the pizza tradition?
You can never go wrong with copious amounts of pizza.
ThereforeIAmNot
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23658567

Unread post by ThereforeIAmNot »

Haunwulf wrote:
the asylum wrote:Dodgeball's cool, but in small doses
Very, very small doses. I got furious when I was told that airblasting other pyros is not allowed after my absense in the mod.
Actually, just about half of the regulars I know are bound to airblast others. I can see it now.
True, tons of people can't help airblasting others even when people complain. However, there are plenty of dodgeball maps where RED and BLU are separated, so the airblasting people issue wouldn't exist.

About the admin thing, I think LaN would be a good high admin. I don't know him personally so my opinion might not be valid, but he seems like someone that could handle the responsibility.
Red/Gray/BlueLeader
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19377026

Unread post by Red/Gray/BlueLeader »

I think the first thing that could be done is to consolidate the facebook group (134 members*), steam group (713 members*), and the forums (1192 members*). It's idiotic to have three ways of communicating with the player base. You need to decide on one and stick to it.

I think the forums also need a pruning of members (EX: removing members not active for a year or more. Send them pm/email before removal to become reactive before joining.)

As far as the servers. Can't say much about the main server since I don't spend much time there. It seems to be empty most of the time.

The fun server on the other hand. I spend 75% of my time there and 25 on a fort wars server. I've never had an issue on the fun server aside from stale maps but that's normal for just about any tf2 server. I wouldn't mind a new map from time to time but I can understand ho long it could take since Flaminsarge seems to be the only one around that maintains the server. On the topic of Flaminsarge, I've heard some things floating around about him, ether they are true or not I can't say, but I've never had an issue with him or the things he's done on the server. Honestly, he's one of the main reasons I've spent so much time here. Along with all the other admins that chime in with random sounds or giving votes to light players on fire while we are on checkers.

So that's my say,
R/G/B Leader

I reserve the right to add to or change this at any time.

* as of this post
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

^
Personally, if I had to choose between facebook, forums, and steam group, I'd most certainly prefer the forums. Not everyone that's part of the community likes facebook, and if everyone started posting on the facebook page it'd be a little cluttered. Steam group has its flaws here and there (some which we ourselves could fix, ex. allowing us to comment on announcements and such) The forums though, would work fine if we just get some more people. Plus, the point of the forums is to discuss and communicate with eachother anyways. No reason to waste a website.

Flamin's powers being cut in half is pretty lame. I'll just say that straight out. He mixed up the server a little whenever things got a little plain or boring, and I honestly don't see why some of you guys dislike that. If you guys don't like his personality, that sounds more like a personal issue, because a huge majority of the regulars seem to love him. The funserver is meant to just relax, screw around, do dumb shit(in a good way), etc. Right now it feels like people are attempting to turn the Funserver into the Mainserver but with custom maps. Is that a good thing? No, it isn't. There's a reason we have 2 servers. One's for having a serious tone of gameplay, and the other is to just do whatever pleases most people playing at the moment. If the funserver is supposed to be srsbsns, then why the hell do we pretty much have permission to admin abuse? Think about it guys, seriously.

As for admin power issues; I don't care who gets it, we just need some root admins. Or at least upgrade low admin. Out of the 26 root admins
we have, only 4 or 5
(Spleenter, Tgame, Thursday, Flamin, Sorry if I forgot someone)
seem to ever play on the funserver. And they're not as active as they used to be.

Because of this incident, all admins basically got downgraded. How? Plugins were removed. RIP /birds and /highfive ;~;
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Haun confirmed for best contributor to this thread. I don't think a list like that has been made public before and even if it has, good on Haun for getting it together. I don't think I'm root admin though, my admin commands didn't work on the main server last I checked.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I know you have root access on the fun server, at least.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Haun regarding your sig.
We need the birds man. They are like our life.
If the birds don't come back then the communist win!

Also do we really have that many admins. Damn.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

MrKerplunkers wrote:Haun confirmed for best contributor to this thread. I don't think a list like that has been made public before and even if it has, good on Haun for getting it together. I don't think I'm root admin though, my admin commands didn't work on the main server last I checked.
:}

Mainserver's admin roster is a bit different from the funserver's admin roster, I can't remember why that happened but oh well.

I know Scottlind(A low admin on the funserv) has root in the maimserver, and a handful of root admins don't have *any* sort of power there. Also; as far as I know, low admins aren't even a thing there.
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

Jeez, all this talk about /birds.

Boy do I feel left out for using /eyeballs
HybridPuppy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22109745

Unread post by HybridPuppy »

Haunwulf wrote:Words and admin list.
So I was looking through that list and then "-Hi hybrid, where do I put you?"
Yo what.
Anyway, if you were wondering, I am indeed a low admin. At least last a checked. I'll probably be able to hop on sometime later and check though, if you want.
Signatures are dumb.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Scrambles wrote:Jeez, all this talk about /birds.

Boy do I feel left out for using /eyeballs
What about /cakevich :T

EDIT: Wow, we can't even 10 player mvm anymore. All my feels. AAAAALL MY FEELS.
HybridPuppy wrote:
Haunwulf wrote:Words and admin list.
So I was looking through that list and then "-Hi hybrid, where do I put you?"
Yo what.
Anyway, if you were wondering, I am indeed a low admin. At least last a checked. I'll probably be able to hop on sometime later and check though, if you want.
Completely confirmed and stuffs. And yeah, I knew you were reading my google document at some point and wasn't very sure about your status anymore so I just put that message onto it.
Kriegsmarine

Here's my plan for the future

1. Apologize to flamin, get mods and such back on the "fun"server

2. stop this shit about improving cC, we have more members now than ever and most of them aren't even that bad

3. stop the bitching, it's making this place worse and blowing minor problems out of proportion

If you don't like that plan, gtfo I won't miss you.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Kriegsmarine wrote:2. stop this shit about improving cC, we have more members now than ever and most of them aren't even that bad
Doesn't matter how well you think things may be going around here at any given time, there will always be room for improvement. So how about not.