Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Web Server Downtime

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Web Server Downtime

Unread post by captainAngry »

Apologies for the web server being down for the last 24 hours. I did some maintenance on the web server so that I could try out some new server features. I moved the files over to a server where I can control dedicated resources for delivering our content.

There wasn't supposed to be any downtime for my changes, but sure enough some of the configuration got messed up in the process and it was stuff I couldn't fix myself. Now that the configuration has been corrected, we should be back in action with no issues.

Thanks,

-Captain
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: Web Server Downtime

Unread post by Beetle »

sooooooo bring jukebox back 8-)
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I still need to find a new server to host all the music. Hosting the files on the web server we have is against their ToS. They were having trouble backing up the 10,000+ MP3s on the server, and asked me to remove the files, along with all our map files.

Obviously I fought a lot harder to keep our maps rather than the thousands of MP3s.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

captainAngry wrote:I still need to find a new server to host all the music. Hosting the files on the web server we have is against their ToS. They were having trouble backing up the 10,000+ MP3s on the server, and asked me to remove the files, along with all our map files.

Obviously I fought a lot harder to keep our maps rather than the thousands of MP3s.
That's OK, and I understand. I'll still be asking for updates occasionally :P
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.