Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Hackers on cC

Announcements for our community.
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Hackers on cC

Unread post by Fireproof »

Tonight 2 hackers came onto the mainserver, maybe around 12:30am. The were using a rapid name changer, speed hacks, and maybe other stuff too, I didn't really pay attention.

STEAM_0:1:38179459
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036624647

STEAM_0:1:41402362
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043070453

Me and spleenter were on, I banned one of them but I can't tell which one. The problem is I couldn't ban by steam ID even though I had them fairly quickly. I had to wait till one of them slipped up with his name, I banned him and the other one left. I can see this becoming more common with TF2 being free to play. Whatever high admin see's this please add both of these ID's to the ban list, across all 3 servers if that's not done automatically (it should).

Also, if there is a way for low admins to ban by steam ID or IP, it isn't obvious. ("sm_ban #STEAM_0:1:41402362 0 hacking" was not working). And we could use a usergroup and subforum for admins to post information on bans, admins, the plugins that are installed, their respective commands, who can use them etc.
ImageImage
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Hackers on cC

Unread post by captainAngry »

Please let me know if this continues to be a problem. There are lots of things I can do related to this to make it work better, but if it isn't a huge problem it probably isn't necessary.

From the Sourcemod Admin Commands page
sm_ban <#userid|name> <minutes|0> [reason]
#steamid - Matches by Steam ID. If you use colons (:), you must enclose in quotes. Otherwise, you can use an underscore (_) instead. Examples: "#STEAM_0:1:4433", #STEAM_0_1_4433
Looks like you would have just needed to use quotes around the steam ID and it would have worked fine.
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Re: Hackers on cC

Unread post by Fireproof »

I'll try the quotes next time, my fault for not typing it correctly. I have banned 2 more hackers since then, both using frequent name changers among other things. Banning @aim seems to work fine, but if there happens to be no admins on at the time it could ruin the server.
ImageImage