Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

cC Hotel Staff says: Final version is here - NO MORE ROOMS

Announcements for our community.
Moo Moo Milk
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25751508

Re: cC Hotel Staff says: "B2 and Superlatives"

Unread post by Moo Moo Milk »

:woop: i finially finished my room :woop:

spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Beetle wrote:
t00bz wrote:um beetle
what if i dick just kept hitting the hide and seek button and revert constantly?
get root admin and then I'll see that as a problem. quit asking hypothetical questions - wait until you've actually played it.

For b2, only a root admin can activate the buttons cuz u need noclip. If they spam it, then its their rep at stake.
the only problem is that the only root admins that actually play on the funserver are twister, plznoburning, little blue, and rudedog.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Also can you find a way to prevent people from retaining low gravity after dying in the asylum.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

already done^

as for only root admins being able to - thats exactly what I hope for. The game mode is very experimental. Actually, the fact that it can be turned on and off is experimental (thats the hard part). I actually don't know if I can pull it off. In theory, its relatively easy. But I am having so many problems I might scrap HnS altogether or make it a separate map.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

How did you solve the low gravity problem?
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

spleenter wrote:How did you solve the low gravity problem?
it was stupid really. i shoulda done it to begin with cuz its an obvious fix. just put the trigger to normal gravity under the feet of spawners.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

also sometimes if people die while they're swimming they tend to be swimming when they respawn and throughout the map. the only water i've found that you swim in is t00bz' room
Royalblue
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14610505

Unread post by Royalblue »

Beetle wrote:
as for only root admins being able to - thats exactly what I hope for. The game mode is very experimental. Actually, the fact that it can be turned on and off is experimental (thats the hard part). I actually don't know if I can pull it off. In theory, its relatively easy. But I am having so many problems I might scrap HnS altogether or make it a separate map.
Royalblue wrote:beetle could always have the button breakable, as seen on team_trial, and then when the round is over. the button just respawns. as seen on team_trial
:( for overlooking

+ you cannot trigger rounds to be enabled in a map *i think* so the entire thing would have to be hide and seek or not have a mode at all
There was a FLASH, and then everything was meaningless...... there was doom and gloom and there were no stars........................................There were only ZTARS.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

I didn't overlook it. I can't have it be breakable because if the map reset after round win it would go back to NOT-HnS every round. Though, really that's not the problem. Its not turning on and off an actual game mode. You're right, there can only be one. This is just removing setup time and re-enabling some spawn doors to work like normal again. There's no reason it shouldn't work, yet it doesn't for the moment. I had it working more when I first started actually.

and Spleenter, unlike the gravity thing, swimming after respawn is just a bug. It even happens on 2fort.

So guys, I've decided to give up on the HnS buttons. I've been pouring a lot of my map making time into it trying to figure out why its not working when it should be, so you'll just have to wing it like you have been. Now, I'll just create more elaborate secrets and fix ppl's rooms more.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

sounds good i guess.....
when do you think b2 will be ready?
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Re: cC Hotel Staff says: "B2 Not Yet" "Superlatives ARE here"

Unread post by Beetle »

Same as the last time I was asked. Cpt Angry needs to make his rooms.

superlatives added on first post
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

ph_cchotel

When this map's finished.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

I have no clue what ph_ stands for.
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

prophunt?
Image Image
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

That makes sense. I just never actually played a prophunt map.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Also, in speedbladers' bathroom, when it does not have water and you activate the faucet to fill it. it spins down and into the wall. if someone is standing directly underneath the faucet and activates it they will be pulled into the wall by the spinning faucet and drown. This has to me twice, once on accident and the second time was testing if this was repeatable or not, And it is.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Beetle wrote:... and waiting for cpt angry to give me his rooms. So actually I'll never release B2.
So true.
Beetle wrote:That I cannot do. I could make it so teams could be uneven, but then there would be no way to revert it back on map change.
It should revert by itself if I have set things up right. Everything should get reset to default after every map change.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

It wasn't true for crits from arena_chambers or w/e. Was this done after you knew about that?
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

spleenter wrote:Also, in speedbladers' bathroom, when it does not have water and you activate the faucet to fill it. it spins down and into the wall. if someone is standing directly underneath the faucet and activates it they will be pulled into the wall by the spinning faucet and drown. This has to me twice, once on accident and the second time was testing if this was repeatable or not, And it is.
*sigh* Yes, we know about that, It just happened when he rotated the room into place. I believe he has already fixed it. (however, still don't stand next to the valve when it spins. It'll push you into the ground or the showers prop. I thought that glitch was so funny it became pretty much intentional, since you can still be in the room, and yet be unaffected by the water.)
Indeed.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

I can easily fix that if you want.

New bug though, for some reason many of the sounds i converted into wavs wipe out my fps - put it down to 1 fps whenever I hit the button, and I can't figure out why.
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

No, I like the fact that it will push people into the ground or showers if they stand in the wrong spot. It's the reason that I decided to leave the valve "touchable". I just don't like it pushing people into the wall.
Indeed.
Royalblue
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14610505

Unread post by Royalblue »

Beetle wrote:That I cannot do. I could make it so teams could be uneven, but then there would be no way to revert it back on map change.
CaptainAngry wrote:It should revert by itself if I have set things up right. Everything should get reset to default after every map change.
... Righto, when server cvars are messed with INSIDE the map, the next map change will reset them to the default. Hence when i messed with the sandman's ball regeneration rate and scout's double jump #. i think chambers was set to change the default cvars before the map was fully loaded.

ANYWAY, as long was you don't have the map setup to change the default cvars. we are good to go.
There was a FLASH, and then everything was meaningless...... there was doom and gloom and there were no stars........................................There were only ZTARS.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Beetle wrote:It wasn't true for crits from arena_chambers or w/e. Was this done after you knew about that?
All the variables have defaults but those variables won't get reset on map change unless I also set them in the config file that gets executed on map change.

Once someone told me that chambers killed the crits for all subsequent maps, I added the variable that sets the crits to normal to the config file so it resets after every map change.

Make sense?

The only thing that I am against is changing gravity. If you change the gravity and then change it back, the demos projectiles still get effected by the previous low/high gravity. The only way to fix that was to change the gravity back to normal before the map change so that the following map would be fixed. I can't automate that so it would be something I'm against. This issue could be fixed for all I know but that's the kind of stuff I'd watch out for.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Thing about gravity is that there's a map entity for it. So that's never a big deal.
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

Awww man If I had pqrticpate I woud get a room :D but unfortuany I suck at using hammer
cause i do not know how to use the tools and I am dumb D: I tried creating my own map and gave up on it cause it sucked I wish some one will teach me how :?

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Hammer seems complicated at first (and there are certainly complicated parts) but it is actually pretty simple.

Back in the day we didn't have to worry about curves and shit because all the maps looked shitty. If you start a map this way, you'll get the basics down pretty quick and will either realize that map making is a huge pain in the ass or you will like it and do it more.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

If I could go back, I would have said that you cannot use any type of prop other than static...because mapping in this manner teaches you very little about actual mapping. Though it was fun for many of you, so it was worth it.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

B2 is almost out, so if you're hiding your room from me you might want to turn it in before i release b2..which could be at any moment!
B2 will be the last for a while.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

awwwww
i'm going to camp till sunday
oh well
the funserver will probably spam it
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Re: cC Hotel Staff says: B2 Download is Out!

Unread post by Beetle »

b2 is out.
Go to the blog or funserver to download.