Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

cC Hotel Staff says: Final version is here - NO MORE ROOMS

Announcements for our community.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

cC Hotel Staff says: Final version is here - NO MORE ROOMS

Unread post by Beetle »

http://beetle.calculatedchaos.com/
http://beetle.calculatedchaos.com/maps/ ... _again.rar - map download
http://beetle.calculatedchaos.com/files ... sounds.rar - sound pack for the map
Final changes
- added more community-made rooms
- reverted to mp3s. if you want to hear sound you'll have to download the soundpack . As a result. the map will take much less time to download on the server. Also, everyone's songs are completely restored to the originals.
- you can get into the pyro aquarium, but its one way.
- this is the last version. don't bother telling me if one of your songs or buttons doesn't work correctly.
B2 changes

- 5 More Rooms Filled so Far
----- added Noob's, Optimus Prime Rib's, Artalus', BillyMazing's, KarmA's rooms

- Added huge number 2s and 3s around the rooms so you won't forget which floor or side of the hotel you're on. Plus it will help when you want to call out to someone where you are.
- Added another small hiding place.
- Added a round timer which, after 15 minutes, the round will end in stalemate or sudden death, depending on what Captain Angry has it set on.
- Did more room optimization and fixing such as Egonny's stairs to his hot tub actually work now.
- Converted everyone's music to wav files so they would all pack into the map correctly and always work.
- Added another elevator that goes to the "basement". I just need to think of a purpose for it.
- Filled in more of my own rooms.
- Changed the carpet color to blue on the right second and third floors for yet another way to tell the hallways apart.
B1 Superlatives for Rooms (all my opinion except first one)
Most-liked by Funserver - Toastyking
Least Frustrating to Implement - speedblader03, then t00bz
Best Music Choice - gervangster
Most Professional-looking - Agent_
Most Unique/Complex - Twister
Most Time Spent Doing Anything Other Than Making His Room - Dick Trickle
Most Valuable Room-maker - Haxwehttam (for making 3+ rooms by other people's requests)
Early Bird (first room turned in) - Deadeye
Best-looking Hot Tub - Taedium, then Toastyking
Best Room Not Made By Room Owner - TgameP
Best Dance Floor - t00bz
Best Use of Sound - Egonny (for his pillows)
Most HL2 models - Rudedog
Best Layout - Taedium
Beetle's Favorites in Order - Twister, Taedium, Toastyking. These 3 were, in each their own way, very different than all the other rooms. Twister's shooting range I know took a lot of time for him to figure out. No one came close to making something that complicated. Taedium made his room more than just one level. In serious mapping, that equals more fun - multiple heights. Toastyking's, I hate to say it, was also good. Whether it took him long or not, it had a theme - a live trophy room.
Last edited by Beetle on 08 Oct 2010, 09:28, edited 18 times in total.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
TgameP
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25638417

Re: cC Hotel Staff says: "B2 and Superlatives"

Unread post by TgameP »

Beetle I'm just saying this because you asked for a reminder so don't forget to put a brain slug in my room. and thanks for the help.
You know when you're leaning back in a chair and you keep leaning until the point where you're about to fall but at the last second you catch yourself? That's how I feel all the time.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

That's done.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

How would the Hide ans Seek work?
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Read first post, updated.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Nicely done beetle. Really wished I participated in a room.

I assume b2 is already on the server
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

LaN wrote:Nicely done beetle. Really wished I participated in a room.

I assume b2 is already on the server
nope. tweaking the game mode and waiting for cpt angry to give me his rooms. So actually I'll never release B2.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Thanks, can you also make it so only a few people are seeking, like 4 or 5.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

spleenter wrote:Thanks, can you also make it so only a few people are seeking, like 4 or 5.
That I cannot do. I could make it so teams could be uneven, but then there would be no way to revert it back on map change.

The best is to have admins unbalance teams.
Optimus Prime Rib
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16421049

Unread post by Optimus Prime Rib »

YAY my room :woop:
John Failman

Unread post by John Failman »

I CAN HAZ R00M?

Also, can you do something for all of us?
The map goes on for 2 hours often, nobody RTV's and there's nothing to do other than LLOLOLOLOL at rooms. Hide and Seek mode might help, but even that will get boring. I don't care about 45 minutes, but make it end after that.
Artalus
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20281204

Unread post by Artalus »

John Failman wrote:I CAN HAZ R00M?

The map goes on for 2 hours often, nobody RTV's and there's nothing to do other than LLOLOLOLOL at rooms. Hide and Seek mode might help, but even that will get boring. I don't care about 45 minutes, but make it end after that.
Yeah, I really don't want this map to get overplayed like and of the break maps and such. It might be cool if it only got played on members weekends or something. I guess then it might get underplayed though. Still...awesome map and thanks for adding my room.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

How exactly does RTV work? after round end? well a typical round of HnS will be about 18 minutes. So if it works at round end, then there ya go.

Also, Artalus, the difference between the hotel and any other funserver map is that I spent many many hours working on it, not a couple of minutes.
John Failman

Unread post by John Failman »

Beetle wrote:

How exactly does RTV work? after round end? well a typical round of HnS will be about 18 minutes. So if it works at round end, then there ya go.

Also, Artalus, the difference between the hotel and any other funserver map is that I spent many many hours working on it, not a couple of minutes.
What I mean is, it is played for hours at once because people never RTV it. So I just disconnect from the game from there, but it's like toyfort, except less to do.

Could you make the timer end the game?

I forgot to show any decency, I love the map, it's fun to play on, and I enjoy the creativity, and the effort you put into it. It's great, and I only wish it were shorter sometimes.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

um beetle
what if a dick just kept hitting the hide and seek button and revert constantly?
Last edited by t00bz on 10 Aug 2010, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

If you just reduced the time limit to like... 15 minutes a round, Beetle, we probably wouldn't have to RTV it.
Life is whatever.
Taedium
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:21981046

Unread post by Taedium »

Perhaps you could make each floor a little more symmetrical? For instance, there is a wall blocking the hallway on the second floor, right hand side. Most people wouldnt usually notice that hallway unless they found the doorway in the stair case that leads to the upper part of that bar area. That whole thing makes that wing of the hotel a lot less populated. And thats where my room is :(
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Taedium wrote:Perhaps you could make each floor a little more symmetrical? For instance, there is a wall blocking the hallway on the second floor, right hand side. Most people wouldnt usually notice that hallway unless they found the doorway in the stair case that leads to the upper part of that bar area. That whole thing makes that wing of the hotel a lot less populated. And thats where my room is :(

I'm not making it symmetrical. I made them not symmetrical on purpose, so it would be easier to tell which part of the hotel you were in AND to make it simply more interesting. As for that wall you're talking about, I will consider changing the room you have to enter to look more like an exit and less like just 2 rooms with the middle wall cut out. I'll also try to make the hotel area around where you room is more appealing.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

t00bz wrote:um beetle
what if i dick just kept hitting the hide and seek button and revert constantly?
get root admin and then I'll see that as a problem. quit asking hypothetical questions - wait until you've actually played it.

For b2, only a root admin can activate the buttons cuz u need noclip. If they spam it, then its their rep at stake.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

John Failman wrote:
Beetle wrote:

What I mean is, it is played for hours at once because people never RTV it. So I just disconnect from the game from there, but it's like toyfort, except less to do.

Could you make the timer end the game?

I forgot to show any decency, I love the map, it's fun to play on, and I enjoy the creativity, and the effort you put into it. It's great, and I only wish it were shorter sometimes.
triple post cuz im cool.

Maps never end unless they are set to end after a certain amount of rounds by the server or if its RTVed. Since b1 has no stalemate/sudden death thats why you're on it forever - cuz the round never actually ends. That's fixed I think.
Royalblue
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:14610505

Unread post by Royalblue »

this gamemode will be called "coward CAPTURE" :D

and to answer toobz's question. beetle could always have the button breakable, as seen on team_trial, and then when the round is over. the button just respawns. as seen on team_trial

and now a few questions of my own.

1.) Are you going to list the names of the owners in each room in this version? if not. which, if any at all.

2.) I'd like to know a number of the rooms you ARE going to fill by your own creations. And will they have secret spots added to them as well?

3.) How are you going to be able to toggle 'on and off' hide and seek?
Beetle wrote:
- Added huge number 2s and 3s around the rooms so you won't forget which floor or side of the hotel you're on. Plus it will help when you want to call out to someone where you are.
- Added Hide N Seek mode that activates via big green button.
- Added a "revert" button to turn off Hide N Seek mode.
There was a FLASH, and then everything was meaningless...... there was doom and gloom and there were no stars........................................There were only ZTARS.
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

Beetle wrote:
t00bz wrote:um beetle
what if i dick just kept hitting the hide and seek button and revert constantly?
get root admin and then I'll see that as a problem. quit asking hypothetical questions - wait until you've actually played it.

For b2, only a root admin can activate the buttons cuz u need noclip. If they spam it, then its their rep at stake.
o.O
i meant "if a dick"
my bad
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Royalblue wrote:this gamemode will be called "coward CAPTURE" :D

and to answer toobz's question. beetle could always have the button breakable, as seen on team_trial, and then when the round is over. the button just respawns. as seen on team_trial

and now a few questions of my own.

1.) Are you going to list the names of the owners in each room in this version? if not. which, if any at all.

2.) I'd like to know a number of the rooms you ARE going to fill by your own creations. And will they have secret spots added to them as well?

3.) How are you going to be able to toggle 'on and off' hide and seek?
Beetle wrote:
- Added Hide N Seek mode that activates via big green button.
- Added a "revert" button to turn off Hide N Seek mode.
1. I haven't decided yet. The reason is because not all rooms are filled in and if I do, I plan to just make a list next to the entrance of each hallway to the effect of "such and such and such and such's room this direction."
2. I can't give you a number because it depends on how many extra entries I get before I release it plus any ideas I happen to want to put in or leave out.
3. All HnS mode entails is adding a setup time (hiding time), enabling the cap point over the whole map except the red jail, then adding a map-wide stun to the red team at the end up setup so they have to hide where they are when time runs out. The buttons just turn those on and off.
Incredible Spycrab
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24676431

Unread post by Incredible Spycrab »

I'd like to make a room, and I'd prefer third floor.
There is no such thing on earth as an uninteresting subject; the only thing that can exist is an uninterested person.

Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Beetle wrote:
Hey, I resent that. I spent months on trying to make breakfloor fun in the various versions and it took atleast one month for breakwall <_<

Onto the actual hotel map, I like it a lot. Its well done and its fun to see all the rooms made by the community.
gervangster
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21044401
Xbox Gamer Tag: gervangster

Unread post by gervangster »

hey there, heres everyones converted sound files you wanted:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SX49U9WO
ENJOY!
Image Image
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Thanks, now do em right, bitch!
MRNoobAssassin
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20456234
Xbox Gamer Tag: MR NoobAssassin

Unread post by MRNoobAssassin »

i cant wait for this new map i hope that the people on the sever will like the new rooms also a good idea for 2 or 3 is a board or sign that tell were every ones room is(by info booth)
War is the mother of inventions.
MRNoobAssassin
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20456234
Xbox Gamer Tag: MR NoobAssassin

Unread post by MRNoobAssassin »

Incredible Spycrab wrote:I'd like to make a room, and I'd prefer third floor.
umm sorry Spycrab, but i tried he said no and also he wont tell me were i am too :(
War is the mother of inventions.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

be more specific. you can make a room, but where i put your room is irrelevant. It really was even in round one. I'm not telling you cuz it makes no difference. Find it.