Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Calculated Chaos CEVO Team(s)?

Announcements for our community.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Calculated Chaos CEVO Team(s)?

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Everyone I've gotten a hold of doesn't have a problem with it.

Also, looking into other potential leagues such as UGC and TWL, and there's different variations of competitive formations such as Highlander (Obviously), 7v7, and even 8v8. The really premiere league in NA is ESEA, too bad you have to pay and register to compete in ESEA. However, these other leagues seem interesting. Anyone else's thoughts on this? There's also ESL and ETF2L, however both are European leagues, and unless you want to deal with humongous lag, drop it right there.

For practice, there's always TF2Lobby, which is essentially a PUG (Pick-Up Game) with other random people. For a more Deathmatch style training, I've found several MGE Training servers, though only one actually has people in it most of the time, you could always invite other members of the team to DM. Message me on Steam for the IP addresses.

AlsoAlso, 2001 posts. I'll beat you one day, Captain.
Life is whatever.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=foru ... &forumID=2

Final Everything Ever ForeverAndEver hopefully. Preseason is the week of the 11th and the first real match of the season will be the week of the 18th, so practice your classes even harder than ever.

Also, someone constantly message me on Steam to talk to FlaminSarge about doing stuff to the MainServer, because whenever I need to talk to someone, they're either offline or away.
Life is whatever.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Exhilarating Adventures Early in the Morning: Episode 2

"God, what time is it..."
"Its like 2:30 AM, dude."
"Fuck, really? Ughhhhhhh"
"You going to bed?"
"Yeah, gonna check my E-mail first."
"Alright"
"Something I don't care about, something I don't play anymo-Oh My Goooooooooooooooood"

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=acco ... d=11207269

Oh man, Preseason started. I suggest you all add Spleenter to your friend's list, as he is Team Secretary once again this season and is in charge of scheduling all the matches.

Deadline for preseason is 22nd, should be able to get at least one practice in before then, but preseason is mainly practice anyway.

Also, "SourceTV MUST BE RECORDED"

This won't be a problem until we play at home, since I have no idea how to record SourceTV demos. I'll ask someone, probably.
Life is whatever.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

PhrozenFlame wrote:Oh man, Preseason started. I suggest you all add Spleenter to your friend's list, as he is Team Secretary once again this season and is in charge of scheduling all the matches.
I love being volunteered for things.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Optimus Prime Rib
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16421049

Unread post by Optimus Prime Rib »

I have a feeling this is all going to go horribly.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Your expectations will be met, for certain.
Life is whatever.
Yulond
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20557103

Unread post by Yulond »

Anyone know where I can download cp_follower_rc2 and koth_pro_viaduct? I tried Google search but couldn't find either. I was able to find koth_pro_viaduct_rc3 but I'm not sure if thats right.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

The download links for this season's maps can be found here. Ignore the config, that's for the server. Don't ask me why the map downloads are on a different website, either.
Life is whatever.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Reading through this thread again is more fun than it should be.
spleenter wrote:Sure. What the hell. Who is going to be the alternate captain since hurt left?

If you say me i will slap you.
Ah, the days when Spleenter mildly disliked me.
OH WAIT, that's still going on. Full time secretary is a great job for you though, Spleenter.
Life is whatever.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

PhrozenFlame wrote:Reading through this thread again is more fun than it should be.
spleenter wrote:Sure. What the hell. Who is going to be the alternate captain since hurt left?

If you say me i will slap you.
Ah, the days when Spleenter mildly disliked me.
OH WAIT, that's still going on. Full time secretary is a great job for you though, Spleenter.
Thanksss.....

And i dont mildly dislike you.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Optimus Prime Rib
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16421049

Unread post by Optimus Prime Rib »

If we don't start practicing like 2 or 3 times a week, I'm going to give my spot to someone else. We're getting embarrassed every week and our team has no plan or strategy.

Let's do something, k?
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, my life's been very hectic lately, due to personal reasons, and Spleenter can't participate for a bit due to the Cevo client crashing his computer. I, on the other hand, have realized that closing processes my entire computer uses will greatly increase the amount of time my processor can handle itself.

So basically, I'm up while Spleenter is out of matches for a while. Also, there's no teamwork because people don't recognize their place in a match. I can only suggest watching professional matches and seeing where the players frequent, unless you want to get into a long discussion about where exactly every class is most effective.
Life is whatever.
Hutch
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:33802119

Unread post by Hutch »

As a suggestion: tf2lobby

Maybe you guys should organize yourselves together a few times a week in a lobby against a pick-up team to start. A lot of the more competitive teams use tf2lobby, some even pug.na (an irc bot that starts highly competitive pick-up games, but takes forever to fill). Pug.na is much more competitive, so I suggest trying out tf2lobby first, at least until pubcomp comes out (a new PUG website that will be fucking awesome)

A lot of the more competitive teams organize scrims with each other. I have no idea how these are arranged so I wont be of any help there. Occasionally I'm asked to sub in though for random teams I know because I'm not actually committed to a specific team, and those matches can get extremely competitive