Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Sourcemod Update

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Sourcemod Update

Unread post by captainAngry »

I am in the process of re-installing the version of sourcemod we have on our server. Normally, I overwrite all the new files when a new update comes out and try to make sure I don't overwrite anything. This time I am deleting the whole install on both servers and installing from scratch.

I want to make it so the server doesn't crash and so that it's easy for me to update from version to version. Because of this, the Fun Server and the Main Server now have exactly the same plugins and configurations. This way I know they are the same and that all the plugins work well together. I have updated all the plugins that we had on either server and even added a few surprises for everyone.

A few things I know people are going to complain about
  • No Presents on the fun server. I looked up the plugin and it has been unapproved because it hasn't been updated in 7 months and has several server crashing issues. I'll do some research today for some potential replacement plugins that are stable and well maintained.
  • A bunch of people lost admin. I removed the old admin system entirely. I have all the users saved and will be adding all of those people into the new system soon so if you lost admin all of a sudden, this is probably why. If it's still broken by this weekend, tell me about it.
Keep in mind that both servers are the same for right now. There may be some plugins that are more suited to one server or another but since the servers are locked anyway all plugins on active on both servers. By this weekend, this won't be the case.

Let me know if you notice any issues, especially admins that have access to everything. I tested an action that previously crashed the server for me and it didn't so I am assuming the servers are more stable and won't crash as often but I would appreciate if if people tested things they know used to break the server.

Let me know if you guys have any issues.

-Captain
Dreathtil-P-V-A
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13895992

Re: Sourcemod Update

Unread post by Dreathtil-P-V-A »

Sounds like you deserve some well needed rest there fella Tis a big overhaul and reboot

It appears as though I am needed
CaliforniaBear
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by CaliforniaBear »

Dreathtil-P-V-A wrote:Sounds like you deserve some well needed rest there fella Tis a big overhaul and reboot
Indeed he does, he's been working like 14 hour work days plus our needs as well :( Thank goodness we soothed his busy mind with our karaoke :)

Anyways, The only issue which I'm afraid to test, however I will when there is minimal amount of people on whichever server is the /mute @all command. targeting @all would crash while I had high admin but judging it being a low admin command, I am unsure if it will have the same effect.
I did my time, and I want out.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

captainangry wrote: No Presents on the fun server. I looked up the plugin and it has been unapproved because it hasn't been updated in 7 months and has several server crashing issues.
Thats one of those things I would defiantly not miss.some of the presents were glitchy and dance fever caused hell when ppl are actually trying to spread it.
Last edited by Haunwulf on 10 Jul 2010, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24117589

Unread post by Fat Elvis »

I just want my accesses restored asap.
CaliforniaBear
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Fat Elvis wrote:I just want my accesses restored asap.
The man is working more than 12 hours a day, cut him some slack with that pressure :P

Also: I can use the target @all most commands provided by low admin. I don't want to test it when I get my powers back, but for the sake of knowledge I shall.
HOWEVER: it seems breakfloor_b6 now crashes the server. :/
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

FYI, I added the admins that used to be in the old system to the new system. If anyone is still having issues with their admin stuff, let me know.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

CaliforniaBear wrote: HOWEVER: it seems breakfloor_b6 now crashes the server. :/
So does koth_rainbow as of the newest update.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
CaliforniaBear
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Sniper_Crevasse also crashes.

On the important side note status. For some odd reason, Whenever the server crashes while I'm in it, My whole internet will slowly lag to death, and restarting it doesn't seem to help. I'm unsure if this is a problem on my behalf, because if I launch TF2 right away, the server goes unresponsive. I have to join the server from desktop, Not that I have a problem with that. I'd in fact prefer it this way, but it is quite weird. I'm going to update my entire system tonight just in case though, since I havn't at all.

EDIT: My entire internet crashes. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete Steam then restart my internet. A slow, painful, but working strategy. I think my connection is too dedicated to playing :O!
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

The server crashed today, unsure why it crashed, but it went to arena_nucleus instead of the usual Pacman. I shall try a little thing when there is hardly anyone on, but I think it was fixed, the last time I tried /ban "name" 1min it crashed the server but banned the person in question, this was a few months ago so I expect it'll be fixed
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

steve09 wrote:The server crashed today, unsure why it crashed, but it went to arena_nucleus instead of the usual Pacman. I shall try a little thing when there is hardly anyone on, but I think it was fixed, the last time I tried /ban "name" 1min it crashed the server but banned the person in question, this was a few months ago so I expect it'll be fixed

It went to arena nucleus because that is the default map after resets and crashes now, Capt changed it a few weeks ago.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.