Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

getting a little out of control

Announcements for our community.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

getting a little out of control

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

ok guys i am going to start cracking down on our server rules. i will give warnings and other admins are no different, but i will give more leniency to them. if u want to see the rules log on to our server but dont click and thing and wait for the cC server wall-poster to show up and read them. one of them is no excessive swearing so i will start warning people about it. whatever you say i dont care i will start cracking down on all the rules. i wont mind if u do the same to me. it will keep me reminded to do the same to all of you. i think we all need to do crack down on the rules but thats my opinion. another thing i will crack down on is certain sprays that are not appropriate for the server (i.e. furrys and other sexual sprays).
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Re: getting a little out of control

Unread post by tomm »

thanks we all needed a reminder, ill help spread the word and enforce these more strictly.
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

I was about to post something about this, but since i am not an admin i can do nothing about it. I know Tgame doesnt really care about server rules that much. and i seem to be on more than he does throughout the day.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

he cares if it gets excessive, and he fully enforces the bag of cocks rule.
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I don't know about anybody else, but the minute I see an inappropriate spray it's an instant ban.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

Some people condone inappropriate sprays. I /removespray 'd RockForge's... witch spray (it was really inappropriate) and another admin wasn't too happy. Medium-level admin, at that. But RockForge was cool about it, he moved it somewhere inaccessible after the other admin sprayed it again (I think, I never saw it again).

Also, /vote means everything.
Good rule of thumb, if it's on iffy ground, /vote on it before you do it, so that people really can't complain. Remember to include Mute Thursday.

(When it's voted taunt kill only, taunt kill only, dangit.)
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

I already cover inappropriate sprays with my own.
Indeed.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

want me to get out my ban hammer? i can. :ssfrogout:
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

i will definitely help in this cause. There had been a lot of chaos going on the funserver, and not the good kind.
Image Image
Slowpokes Bro
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26264075

Unread post by Slowpokes Bro »

stay off the fun server.
rudedog04 wrote:i will definitely help in this cause. There had been a lot of chaos going on the funserver, and not the good kind.
just stay off, dont come here. If anything we complain more about admins in funserver
Image Image
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

FlaminSarge wrote:Some people condone inappropriate sprays. I /removespray 'd RockForge's... witch spray (it was really inappropriate) and another admin wasn't too happy. Medium-level admin, at that. But RockForge was cool about it, he moved it somewhere inaccessible after the other admin sprayed it again (I think, I never saw it again).

Also, /vote means everything.
Good rule of thumb, if it's on iffy ground, /vote on it before you do it, so that people really can't complain. Remember to include Mute Thursday.

(When it's voted taunt kill only, taunt kill only, dangit.)
Oi, Pointing fingers since I'm the only mid admin?
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Slowpokes Bro wrote:stay off the fun server.
rudedog04 wrote:i will definitely help in this cause. There had been a lot of chaos going on the funserver, and not the good kind.
just stay off, dont come here. If anything we complain more about admins in funserver
Even the funserver needs to have SOME decency and moderation.

Also, who voted you representative of everyone that goes onto the funserver? I'd at least like to hear from other people who go onto the funserver regularly.
Life is whatever.
CaliforniaBear
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by CaliforniaBear »

Fun server is fun when there arn't jerks on it. Like the ones who complain whenever an admin abuses their power for fun, which technically isn't abuse since most of the time a warning is given or a vote is made, its a fun server.. Get over it :/ Moderation is needed because we see other people who need to be kicked for not listening when its a "taunt kill only" or whatever the case. I may be fairly new but I see it all the time.
I did my time, and I want out.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

CaliforniaBear wrote:Fun server is fun when there arn't jerks on it. Like the ones who complain whenever an admin abuses their power for fun, which technically isn't abuse since most of the time a warning is given or a vote is made, its a fun server.. Get over it :/ Moderation is needed because we see other people who need to be kicked for not listening when its a "taunt kill only" or whatever the case. I may be fairly new but I see it all the time.
I enforce most rules and slay griefers as one warning a kick for 2nd warning 5 minute ban 3rd warning.

And some Low Admin is pointing fingers that it's always me crashing the server when it's not
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

CaliforniaBear wrote:Fun server is fun when there arn't jerks on it. Like the ones who complain whenever an admin abuses their power for fun, which technically isn't abuse since most of the time a warning is given or a vote is made, its a fun server.. Get over it :/ Moderation is needed because we see other people who need to be kicked for not listening when its a "taunt kill only" or whatever the case. I may be fairly new but I see it all the time.
That was how our old funserver was, when admins could teleport around, explode people, and have fun. I will never forget it.
Life is whatever.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Who made slowpoke speaker of the fun serv?
Fun server is fun when there arn't jerks on it. Like the ones who complain whenever an admin abuses their power for fun
Yea
CaliforniaBear
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by CaliforniaBear »

Sigh. imo (mind its only an opinion) if we can, and if somebody has the time, We should put that "server hop" thing on the servers so people can get around quicker. Also in the use for people who want to play "serious" when their on the "fun server", Can just hop over to the custom map or the new server to please their needs for whatever they want. That should take care of the fun server and I assume this new "hard love discipline" admin attitude will take care of the rest :D
I did my time, and I want out.
FlaminSarge
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19100391

Unread post by FlaminSarge »

All admins deserve to be on the funserver, slowpoke. Rudedog should NOT "just stay out"
TF2Backpack
I make various SourceMod Plugins for TF2.
Also I fix things. And break things. No complaints.
SmylesE
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3228205

Unread post by SmylesE »

Divine Fate wrote:I don't know about anybody else, but the minute I see an inappropriate spray it's an instant ban.

I would if I could.. mostly I just kick them cause thats all i can do :P
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

I am on the fun server more often than slowpoke i think. and i don't really mind the admin abuse unless they use it for a tactical advantage on a map that we are playing serious on. other than that i don't mind it, i actually laugh at the people that are overly upset by it. It's the FUN server for a reason, it a place where people go to have fun. people don't really understand that admins are people too.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

If I see an innapropriate spray I remove and warn, quite often with the slap as well. As for bans, I believe everyone deserves a second chance so if they've been warned and tehy do it again they get kicked for having an innapropriate spray, if they come back in and dpray it again I'll ban. I figure people deserve a warning at the least. As for admins abusing their powers, I'm a low admin and have very limited powers, yes I do "abuse" my powers, but its only spray trace since thats the only power you can abuse as a low admin. The whole thing of pointing the finger at Trilby saying he crashes the server, I think its a load of crap, no admin would crash the server, certainly not Trilby, even tho I don't know him that well I still don't think he would :). If someone is being a pita (pain in the ass(sometimes arse)) then I usually warn them, if its a foreign person who doesn't speak English then I'll vote kick them, that way its not just 1 or 2 people wanting him/her kicked. I'm a funserver regular and generally keep it clean and free of teamkillers, general annoyances and innapropriate sprays.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

steve09 wrote:If I see an innapropriate spray I remove and warn, quite often with the slap as well. As for bans, I believe everyone deserves a second chance so if they've been warned and tehy do it again they get kicked for having an innapropriate spray, if they come back in and dpray it again I'll ban. I figure people deserve a warning at the least. As for admins abusing their powers, I'm a low admin and have very limited powers, yes I do "abuse" my powers, but its only spray trace since thats the only power you can abuse as a low admin. The whole thing of pointing the finger at Trilby saying he crashes the server, I think its a load of crap, no admin would crash the server, certainly not Trilby, even tho I don't know him that well I still don't think he would :). If someone is being a pita (pain in the ass(sometimes arse)) then I usually warn them, if its a foreign person who doesn't speak English then I'll vote kick them, that way its not just 1 or 2 people wanting him/her kicked. I'm a funserver regular and generally keep it clean and free of teamkillers, general annoyances and innapropriate sprays.
On the topic of foreigners we had a german in the FunS he didn't say anythihng we only found out when we kicked him for teamkilling on meleecheckers
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

why don't you stay off of it? I remember back when the fun server first went up and it was the admin abuse server, I wish it was still like that now cause I'd play on it a lot more just to mess with you

on that note, stop acting like you own the fun server, nobody here likes you in case you didn't noticed and it would be ALL too easy to perma-ban you off the fun server
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

thedoghouse wrote:
why don't you stay off of it? I remember back when the fun server first went up and it was the admin abuse server, I wish it was still like that now cause I'd play on it a lot more just to mess with you

on that note, stop acting like you own the fun server, nobody here likes you in case you didn't noticed and it would be ALL too easy to perma-ban you off the fun server
No one person owns the FunS it belongs to all admins more so it belongs to captain but just cause you play on it often doesn't mean it's yours and yours only in all affect.

On another note if people keep calling you to the FunS when theres problems I think that signifys that the regulars trust you.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

steve09 wrote:If I see an innapropriate spray I remove and warn, quite often with the slap as well. As for bans, I believe everyone deserves a second chance so if they've been warned and tehy do it again they get kicked for having an innapropriate spray, if they come back in and dpray it again I'll ban. I figure people deserve a warning at the least. As for admins abusing their powers, I'm a low admin and have very limited powers, yes I do "abuse" my powers, but its only spray trace since thats the only power you can abuse as a low admin. The whole thing of pointing the finger at Trilby saying he crashes the server, I think its a load of crap, no admin would crash the server, certainly not Trilby, even tho I don't know him that well I still don't think he would :). If someone is being a pita (pain in the ass(sometimes arse)) then I usually warn them, if its a foreign person who doesn't speak English then I'll vote kick them, that way its not just 1 or 2 people wanting him/her kicked. I'm a funserver regular and generally keep it clean and free of teamkillers, general annoyances and innapropriate sprays.
China wants their wall back
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

I don't get you LaN. What about China's Great Wall?
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

steve09 wrote:I don't get you LaN. What about China's Great Wall?
He means what he says, they want their wall back,
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

I still don't get why I would have their wall? Besides, it was only there to keep some people out hundreds of years ago and they've since either died or made peace, so I don't see why they need a great wall all around the country any more.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

steve09 wrote:I still don't get why I would have their wall? Besides, it was only there to keep some people out hundreds of years ago and they've since either died or made peace, so I don't see why they need a great wall all around the country any more.
Fuuuuck dude he means your trying to keep out foreigners with your vote kick people who speak differently
My answer GET ON A FUCKING translator and translate what they say
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

Trilby wrote:
steve09 wrote:I still don't get why I would have their wall? Besides, it was only there to keep some people out hundreds of years ago and they've since either died or made peace, so I don't see why they need a great wall all around the country any more.
Fuuuuck dude he means your trying to keep out foreigners with your vote kick people who speak differently
My answer GET ON A FUCKING translator and translate what they say
Actually, I think he was referring to the WALL of text.
Indeed.