Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Teamspeak 50 man server

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Teamspeak 50 man server

Unread post by captainAngry »

I put in a request for a voice server this morning. As an upgrade for our battlefield server package I was able to get a 50 man server for less than $10.

Get the TeamSpeak 3 Client from http://www.teamspeak.com/
Server IP: 69.65.34.130
Port: 9998

Some information on teamspeak 3: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3
More Download options: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

When I upgraded the server I only had the option for Teamspeak. From what I understand, both ventrillo and teamspeak do the same thing, and the only real difference is personal preference. I know the people that have been asking me for this prefer ventrillo but at the price I am getting, I will take either one. Id rather support 50 people on teamspeak than pay for half the space for the same price on ventrillo somewhere else.

-Captain
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Re: Teamspeak/Ventrillo 50 man server

Unread post by Riftoff »

From my experience, Teamspeak is slightly more barebones, but much more reliable and easier on processors than Ventrilo.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Re: Teamspeak/Ventrillo 50 man server

Unread post by bluephyr »

Ventrilo seems to be more popular... I know 90% of the people on my friends list of ~156 use it. I'd also prefer Ventrilo, it's simpler, and more comfortable IMO.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Re: Teamspeak 50 man server

I tried out Teamspeak 3 this morning and I actually really like it. Granted I have never used ventrillo but I was able to get setup on the server as an admin, make a channel for 'Team Fortress Blue" and get everything setup without looking at any documentation.

We'll see how it goes I guess but right now I don't see any reason to switch.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

so my 20$ donation pays 2 months of this?! SWEET!
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

Back when I gamed more often I preferred TeamSpeak. but IM also a little out of touch with reality. When you see me on steam is the only time I am not changing diapers or explaining to two 2 year olds that smacking eachother upside the head with firetrucks is a bad thing. Doesn't help the one being smacked more times then not is laughing his ass off.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
hln.LAW
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17036169
Twitter Username: @unevenaire
Xbox Gamer Tag: unevenaire

Unread post by hln.LAW »

Tried last night W/ Captain and Agent on there. Worked pretty well, this could be pretty cool me-thinks

Just, LAUGH!!
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

I got this about a month ago now, and there doesn't seem to be many people using it, even when I went on late at night UK time the other day, near midnight in fact, which would be late afternoon/early evening USA Time, there was only myself, Agent and Boreas, then Ventrilo and Hazel joined. Granted many people have to work, but those who are at school who play TF2 or BF:BC2 during these hours don't have much of an excuse. I know it only costs $10 a month, but that doesn't mean we can afford to have it and not have a lot of people using it. Fair enough I probably don't see the people who use it in the mid to late evenings cos I would be in bed, but I see no reason not to use it earlier.

Also, would enabling file transfers put up the cost? I noticed that file transfers are disabled and it does seem pretty easy to change this, but I understand if it costs more money, I suppose its not exactly a feature that would get a lot of use.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I don't think file transfers costs more money. I have some ideas on how to get more people in there. There is a soucemod plugin that would allow people to join from the TF2 servers. I'll play around with some of that stuff this weekend.
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

That sounds pretty cool, if there is a plugin that allows you to message the server as well, e.g. if Agent is on Team Speak in the custom maps channel because he is playing on the custom maps server, & you use the Team Speak chat, it comes up on the server as a message e.g.: "Sergeant Steve: Hello Agent" & if you could message back to Team Speak. from the server also would be cool. That sort of thing might also get it more use, but then again it could get annoying if people overuse it & spam the server. I suggest an option to be able to turn it off for admins, but I reckon this would be difficult as plugins would be rcon controlled am I right?
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

If I remember correctly, iy should be possible to have it tell the server when people join the teamspeak server. I don't think we would be able to extend the chat however.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I added a plugin to both TF2 servers that lets you type /ts and connect to the teamspeak server. You have to download the teamspeak client but then it should connect you automatically.

Let me know if you have any issues.
Slowpokes Bro
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26264075

Unread post by Slowpokes Bro »

I honestly dont see a use for this, unless say u wanted to have an emergency meeting of members for something. Now im not one to judge how someone else spend their money, but i feel it could have been better spent.
Image Image
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Slowpokes Bro wrote:I honestly dont see a use for this, unless say u wanted to have an emergency meeting of members for something. Now im not one to judge how someone else spend their money, but i feel it could have been better spent.
You obviously don't know how bad/nonexistant BFBC2 voice chat is.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

Slowpokes Bro wrote:I honestly dont see a use for the funserver, unless say u wanted to have an emergency meeting of children or something. Now im not one to judge how someone else spend their money, but i feel it could have been better spent.
Fixed.
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!