Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Spoiler/NSFW Tag

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Spoiler/NSFW Tag

Unread post by captainAngry »

I created two new bb code tags to the forum. They basically do the same thing but I figured I would make two, one to 'spoiler' things and one to mark things as NSFW(not safe for work/school). What the tags do is hide the content in question from view and instead show a link to show this content. Once the link is clicked, the content is shown and the link goes away as if it were never there.

This will allow people to post stuff on the forum that may be offensive or may ruin something for someone. If you are posting something that is NSFW, it will tell you it is NSFW and if you click on it anyway and get in trouble it is your own damn fault.

You can use the tag around anything be it a picture of a woman with bacon or the fact the Dumbledore dies in that one HP book (everyone knows that already, right?).

Use the tags like any other:

Code: Select all

[nsfw]Offensive content[/nsfw]

OR

[spoiler]Hidden Content[/spoiler]
There are also other things you can do with it. Since it hides anything inside of it, you could use it when you are quoting someone to hide all or part of their original message to make your post shorter. You can also use it for jokes and whatever else you want to and you should even be able to put them inside of each other for even more fun.

Let me know if there are any problems. Also, right now the tag does not work on the preview page. I'll fix that later when I'm not being lazy.

Working examples below: NSFW: Click to View
This is NSFW
[spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]